Chapter Forty-Seven

If it wasn't for the connection I had to my Pegasus mount who was totally calm and excited, I would be clinging to her sides in complete fear right now. Who knew I was afraid of flying?

I was actually trembling and I held tighter to her reins than I should, but she didn't seem to mind and even understood since she could also feel my fear.

I felt love and comfort come from a different bond. I scowled though because I could also feel her humour in my situation. I decided to experiment and see if I could speak to her like Anon and I could.

It's not funny. I didn't know I was going to be afraid of flying. I grumbled at her down the bond hoping that she'll hear me. I heard a surprised gasp and felt her shock which told me that it did indeed work.

I was not expecting that. She replied.

Well I just thought, if Anon and I can do it with the little link that we have. You and I have to be able to do it because our bond is stronger. I explained.

I understand... I like this, knowing wherever we are I can still speak to you.

I smiled and relaxed at the knowledge that I might not be close physically to her sometimes, but I'll always have her in my heart and mind when I need her. I love that thought. Please keep speaking to me, you're taking my mind off of the fact that we're no longer on the ground.

I heard her giggle softly at me. I'm surprised that you're actually afraid of this. I know you love riding Ruddy around and I've seen you look out the windows while in the tree before and you were fine. What's the difference between this and when you jumped down from the cliff into the portal as well?

I guess there's not much and if I do somehow manage to fall, it's not like I'll die or something. But... I don't know, the knowledge that something is sturdy and unyielding beneath my feet while I'm looking out from the tree or even when I climbed up it was comforting. Right now though, there's nothing really stopping me from falling besides a horse. People fall off of horses too you know! And I jumped knowing I'll be safe on the other side because you said so! This is totally different from that! I think. I huffed out nervously, my eyes closed, my body hunched over and I had my face in my mare's mane hiding it from the blasting wind.

Beatrice giggled some more at me but I felt her trying to comfort me through our bond. It's okay zhilat, you're fine and you won't fall. These mares are accustomed to hold people and even do tricks while they're on.

I groaned at the thought of a sudden lurch then I'd open my eyes only to find myself upside-down. How anyone could be able to stand something like that is beyond me. Just the thought made my stomach curl in on itself. No no no no! I whined in fear and no matter the comfort I was getting from both my mare and my Mate, I was still tense and freaking out. Please just let this be over soon, very soon, like right now soon if possible, please, thank you. I don't mind walking the rest of the way. I'm fast, I can make it. I promise!

Hush zhilat, you're safe. Nothing's going to happen. Why don't you take a nap or something?

Are you crazy?! Sleep while I'm on this thing? At this height? No way! No way! My mind was suddenly wrapped in warmth, love, affection and protection. I allowed my mind to fall into Beatrice's and it made my body and mind relax. Fear no longer overwhelmed me and the thought of sleeping was no longer so terrifying.

I woke up to the warmth of Beatrice's mind leaving and a light jolt of my mare landing on the ground. I immediately sat up to find that we were in a clearing completely surrounded by trees. The sun had set and the moon was already halfway in the sky. I quickly slid from the saddle but my knees were weak from left over fear so I ended up falling to my knees with a deep sigh. The feel of solid land beneath me was more comforting than anything, even Beatrice. Okay, maybe not better than Beatrice, but it was close!