Chapter Nineteen

I sighed and moved to sit against the ledge of the window after I opened it. I looked up at the full moon feeling sad for the loss of a good friend. I closed my eyes feeling surprisingly exhausted and I felt the mana buzz and murmur softly around me but it wasn't annoying. It actually helped me to relax and the hurt I was feeling was slowly fading. It's not like I'll never see Sylvia again.

A knock echoed off the door and I perked up thinking it was Sylvia but that was shut down when I didn't recognise the mana behind the door. I sighed softly before walking to the door and opened it to find Anon looking much better than he was before, and thankfully had clothes on.

His pale blue eyes looked down at me and I could see the wolf in his eyes. Were they permanently like that?

I smiled up at him after I finished seeing that he was okay. "You're looking better. How was your rest?"

Anon narrowed his eyes at me and I wondered what he was looking at. He lifted a hand and I watched him carefully as he placed soft fingers to my scar. "You did not have this before." He stated factually.

"I did not." I agreed with a soft smile though I felt slightly uncomfortable with his fingers still caressing my scar. "It appeared this morning when I was fighting against the pull of the full moon."

I breathed out thankfully when Anon dropped his hand away from my neck. "Ah yes, it would be your first full moon yes?" He asked stepping a bit away from me putting distance between us that I appreciated.

"It wouldn't have been, but I was unconscious during it last time." I told him when I calculated the time of when I was changed and then when I was passed out for a near month. "So yes, this is my first full moon."

"May I come in?" Anon then asked as he looked over me and into my room.

I thought about it. I wasn't highly comfortable with the idea of having a man in my bedroom but if my Mistress was correct in saying that Anon felt indebted to me, then I doubt he'll do anything and even if he did I knew I could hold my own.

"Sure." I finally said and let him in.

I watched as he looked around the room and I saw his nose twitch. I walked to the still open window and sat on the ledge again but didn't look up at the moon keeping my eyes on Anon. "So, you didn't answer me, how are you feeling?" I asked him once his eyes were back on me.

Anon smiled softly and nodded his head. "I'm much better after resting for so long. Your servant-friend got me food as well, which helped."

"Good. So what are you going to do now that you're better?"

Anon looked at me seriously and I felt something shift between us. "I want to stay here, you saved my life not once but twice and I know that if that arrow had hit your heart you would have died. I owe you a great debt and I wish to stay so that I can repay you." I watched in shock as Anon went down on one knee and bowed his head. "I wish for you to become my Alpha. I can feel your power and you have a good heart. I know I will be satisfied with you being my leader."

"Woah! Hold on! Wait a second!" I cried out in shock quickly standing up and feeling crazily awkward with the situation. "Can you stand up please... I have no idea what you're talking about. Yeah I know you shifters are loyal and all, but I don't want you to serve me just because I saved your life. I don't know what an Alpha even is or what they do and I'm not even a shifter! How can I be an Alpha when I'm not even of the same species?"

"Species or race does not matter." Anon replied seriously after standing up. "You have proven to me that you have the heart of an Alpha and my wolf agrees with me in that even if I was not indebted to you, I would still feel the pull of wanting you to be my Alpha."