43 - Hide and Seek

I can never forget this experience.

8 years ago, when I was 9, me and my best friend Anna were playing hide and seek in my house.

My parents were out of town so I invited Anna to my house for a sleepover.

It was late at night. I think at 11 pm. We decided to play hide and seek for fun.

In this round, she was the one who had to hide and I had to find her.

I counted till 30. And then I shouted "ready or not, here I come to find ya"

I went to the most obvious place for hiding, behind the sofa. But she was not there.

I searched for her in my closet and my parents' bedroom. But she was not there.

I searched for her almost ever where but I could not find her.

Now, I thought of going out of the house for finding her.

So I first went to the backyard. Over there, I heard some noise behind the bushes which were a little far from my backyard.

But I was too timid to go there. So I called out for her. And there was no answer.

Then I asked her to come out. Then I heard her voice saying that I should come in the bushes.

But I kept on saying no as she repeatedly kept asking me to come over there.

But then, her voice changed. It sounded like an old man's voice. It kept on asking me to go into the bushes.

I ran back to my house.

And there, I found Anna standing in the living room telling me that I lost.

When I asked her where was she hiding, she answered that she was hiding in the bathroom.