71 - The haunted car

This incident happened years ago but it still sends shivers down my spine when I think about it.

So back when me and my twin sister were in college , our family needed to buy a new car.

My dad was once talking to his friend and he brought up the topic of a new car.

His friend said that he knew a person who wanted to sell his car so my dad decided to talk to that person the other day.

At that time , we only had one car so the three of us shared the same car.

So my dad and that person met and talked about that car

It was a new model (at least for that time) and it was definitely cheaper than what my dad expected it to be.

But my dad was kinda curious so he asked that person why did he wanna sell the car.

He just replied it was because he needed some money and as they were moving away , he needed to get rid of the car.

So my dad agreed and after all the papers and stuff was done , we finally got our own car !

I still remember how happy my dad felt after the good deal that he had just made.

We were excited to use the car but the other night , strange things started happening.

We had 3 dogs at that time and at night, all three of them would start barking loudly.

They would surround the car and bark all night.

We went down and checked what was wrong in the car but there was nothing unusual.

Nobody was there in the car and everything was alright so we didn't know why were our dogs barking.

We were worried that the neighbors would shout at us for the barking of our dogs so we kept the car in the garage.

Fortunately the barking stopped but our dogs won't leave the garage.

That was when I knew something was wrong with the car. But I always tried to convince myself it was not true.

So one day , I saw a small handprint on the passenger seat window and that creeped me out.

As there were no children in our neighborhood , whose handprint was it?

I told my dad about it but he just shrugged it off. He told me it was just my imagination and I believed him.

Then more strange things happened. The AC won't work , the radio would automatically go on and off and the lights would start blinking.

When I told my dad again, it did nothing but just upset him

And when I told my mom , she was the one who believed me as she experienced weird things too.

She could smell rotting inside the trunk and when she checked , there would be nothing but the bad odor was still there.

We decided not to stress dad more and tried to convince ourselves it was nothing until it harmed us.

A few days later , the unexpected happened.

We were again awoken by our dogs barking and this time , the car's honking.

We quickly rushed downstairs and me and my dad rolled up the garage door.

As soon as we did that , our dogs suddenly ran inside the garage almost knocking me down.

My dad opened the door and tried to stop the honking with the car remote but it wouldn't work.

While my dad was doing that , I tried to calm the dogs down.

Suddenly , the trunk opened and a shadow came out and ran through the garage wall.

That was just my imagination right? It couldn't be true. The car couldn't be haunted . Could it?

I was so shocked that I didn't realize I dropped the dogs' leash and they started running again.

I had to snap out of it because my dad was yelling at me since the dogs knocked down some of his things.

That night , I couldn't sleep. All I could think about was the shadow.

So the next morning I called the car's previous owner . But of course they didn't pick up. So I left a message.

I drove the car to the person who blesses the car. After I had it done , I thought it was enough. But of course I was wrong.

That whole day , I was using the car for my routine. It was really late when I was driving back home.

While I was driving , I suddenly felt a shiver from my neck to my left arm

I did not think much about it even though it frightened me. I turned on the radio on full blast to ignore the awkward tension.

Then what I saw freaked me out . I took a look in the rear view mirror and saw two people.

A woman with hair that seemed to be endlessly long and beside her , a small boy. Oh my god ! Who were they? Ghosts ?

Without thinking , I got out of the car and started running . I didn't know where was I going but I just ran.

I called my father to come and pick me.

After half an hour , he came and I just hugged him. I broke down and he just comforted me.

He drove the car this time. The whole time , I tried to focus on the road and not the backseat.

That night , I again called the owner. Thankful this time , someone actually picked it up. It was his wife.

I asked her what was wrong about the car. She hesitated to tell me at first but then when I told her I'm not gonna return the car , she started.

She told me that she also knew that there was something wrong with the car. It was a gift from her father in law.

She told me that their son used to play in the car with his imaginary friend.

And one night, he was not in bed and when they searched for him , he was found in the car crying because his imaginary friend's mother was shouting at him

She often saw two people at the backseat so they decided to sell the car. She didn't know anything more as her husband didn't tell her.

I thanked her for the information and hung up. Next day I found out my parents had already sold the car to a rent company as they couldn't risk our lives.

I told my father all the information his wife gave me and he just nodded and gave me a weak smile.

Everything was good after that as we sold the car.

It indeed was a haunted car.

----------------------------

Hiya people !

The story credits go to bookloverraven as he/she commented the whole incident on my previous part. So thank you for doing that ! ☺💛

And plus this story is more than a thousand words ! I don't think I've ever been able to do this far

Also I'm sorry for not updating as I have exams and all that shit . I know I've said that a lot of times but yeahhh

Now my fingers pain while writing this so I'm not gonna type more. Hope you enjoyed this story.

Byeee
Xoxo Nancy