95 - Jon

When I was 10 , I had a best friend named Jon.

Yes , 'had'. He's not alive anymore, he died , and in a pretty tragic way

When we were 10 , He was hit by a car rushing towards him while he was running to the street for catching a ball I threw .

The car was literally in front of our house.

Fast forward : 7 years.

I'm 17 now and I'm babysitting my little sister who is playing outside.

I'm sitting on the porch swing reading a book while she is shooting hoops on a little tikes hoop.

The ball she is playing with bounces out into the road and I look up to see her yell.

"Don't go after that ball Jon ! You will get hurt !"

That freaked the shit out of me. I never told her who Jon was. She didn't know about him did she ?

I asked her who is Jon and she replied "He's my best friend. He plays with me here everyday"

My eyes were wide open and my jaw dropped.

"C-can I see Jon?" I asked her still not believing this was true.

"I'm sorry but he doesn't show himself to anyone except me. I tried showing him to mom and dad but he's really shy. He tells me that he's not like us , he says he's different and that he knows you. Look , he's standing right beside me right now but you cant see him can you ?"

I slowly look to her left side and I feel it , there's some one standing there , Jon. I can't see him but I know he's there.

-------------------------
I've been going through something real bad so pleaseeee bare with me.

Also s/o to ALostNephilim for the new cover. Thank you 😊

#5#