49- drinking water

There was a little girl who lived in an apartment building.

One day, she told her mother that she was going out to play with her friends.

Hours later, her mother went outside to call her in for dinner.

Then, she realized that her daughter was nowhere to be found.

The mother asked all the kids in the apartment whether they had seen her daughter.

They all said that they had not seen the little girl for the whole day.

The awful realization sank in. The little girl was missing.

the girl's parents called up the police and a search of the area was launched.

All of the other parents joined in the search but it was useless.

In the end, the girl was never found.

Three months later, the residents of the apartment started to complain about their drinking water supply.

Whenever they turned on their water taps, the noticed a strange odor.

Gradually, the apartment manager started to receive more and more complaints about the taste and the smell of the water.

He decided that something had to be done.

So he sent the janitor to test the water in the storage tanks on the roof.

The janitor went on the roof and started removing the lids from each tank and checking the chemical content of the water.

When he got to the last tank, he lifted the lid and was hit by an overpowering stench.

Gazing down in the tanks, he could make out that something was floating in the water.

It was the decomposing body of a child!

After the police conducted an autopsy, the we're able to confirm that it was the body of the girl who had gone missing 3 months ago.

It seemed that she had been playing on the roof while the lid of the tank was temporarily removed.

Then she looked into the tank and must have fallen and drowned.

The girl's corpse lay there, undisturbed, for three months.

And for three whole months, the inhabitants of the apartment had unknowingly been drinking water the girl's body was floating in.

----------------------------

49th story!!!! Only one more left.

I am gonna start a new book which is not related to horror.

But it does not mean that this book is going to end. It's just that the updates will take longer time because I won't regularly update this book.

But as soon as I come across a horror story, I am going to write it down.

Bye!
-Nancy