Chapter 16 - Flowers of all things

***CUPID'S POV***

I woke up on Dylan's couch feeling all sore. I hadn't been doing my job that much since I'd met him so I had to go home and change into my proper outfit.

I left Dylan a note about leaving because I was sure he'd miss me while I was gone.

***

Once I was home I went to take a shower and made sure I looked good because I couldn't have myself look like a peasant. I looked through my walk-in closet for my section of different types of tuxedos and decided to wear a white long-sleeved one with a tad of pink along with some white dress shoes.

***

I was nailing it today! Breaking so many hearts and constructing new ones.

God, I missed my job!

I decided to make myself visible after I was done working because I wanted to buy Dylan flowers from the flower shop near his house.

Everything was all good until I started getting catcalls from strangers.

Did I accidentally throw arrows at those people?

Then it hit me.

Shit.

I remembered that single people and people who don't have a crush at the moment are affected by me because I'm Cupid. I radiate love which causes those kinds of people to instantly fall for me. Especially humans, beings similar to me are able to get rid of that effect because they know who I am.

This is bad, like really, really bad.

I quickly walked into the flower shop and hid behind some dandelions. I was about to sigh in relief when I noticed about six or so people enter the fucking flower shop.

I tried to stealth that shit and go but ended up failing miserably. Before I knew it, those six people were showering me with flowers.

"These are for you handsome," said some old lady handing me a bundle of roses.

"I've never seen such an angelic man before," said a guy giving me some huge ass dandelions.

After being showered with compliments and flowers I thanked them and ran out of the flower shop and into Dylan's apartment complex.

"You sure have yourself some fans."

The landlady, eww!

I laughed uneasily, "Uh, yeah, I guess I do..."

"So, heading to your boyfriend's place?" She asked being the nosy person she was.

"He's not my boyfriend, even though I believe he is..." I whispered the last part.

"That's not what the elevator camera says," she smirked.

I blushed. "I thought you deleted that!"

"What the hell made ya think that?" she laughed.

I need to get away from her.

"Well, as much as I enjoy our conversations I've got to go, I uh, don't want to be seen by them," I said pointing at the people who were looking for me near the flower shop.

"Alright Eric, you know where to find me if you ever get over Dylan," having said that, she left into a room I assumed was hers.

***