Chapter 73 - I Can Explain...

***DYLAN'S POV***

The rest of the morning went by smoothly not counting the aftermath of Cupid's morning frenzy. When he woke up I slapped him hard, which was enough for him to fully wake up and go to work.

***

It was currently the afternoon around 4 pm.

Angelina and I were talking when there was a sudden knock at the door.

I doubt that's Cupid...who is it?

We walked over to the door and I opened it. It was Rachel and Rose.

They smiled as they walked in.

"Hello Dylan, we decided to pay you a visit since we haven't hung out at all this week an—" Rachel turned her attention to Angelina who had been standing behind me for a while now "Who's that?" She whispered.

"Oh, uh, her name's Angelina, my adoptive sister, she's having issues with her parents so—"

She pulled me away from Angelina and Rose.

"Wait she lives with the Mr. And Mrs. Satan?! Dylan this is not a good idea! What if they—"

"I know, I know, don't worry, they've already paid me a visit to remind me how much of a disappointment I am, but Angelina is different, she wants to know me. Yes, it caused me trouble, but overall, she's done nothing wrong plus she's my sister so I will obviously let her stay," I tried to briefly explain.

"...Fine, you are an adult after all and you aren't an idiot...anyway, does Eric know?" She relaxed.

"Yeah, he's fine with it too, we've met her before so everything's alright."

"Okay!" She went back to her cheery manner as we made our way back to the other two who had already gotten familiar. "I apologize for my behavior, I'm Rachel, nice to meet you."

"Angelina, it's nice meeting you too," they shook hands.

"So where's your beloved Eric?" Rose questioned.

"Oh, uh, well, he's working right now s—"

Suddenly, to my dreadful luck, Cupid teleported in front of us.

All I could do was let out a scream because at this point there was no way to explain how a man somehow appeared in front of us.

"ERIC?!" The others just yelled his name in absolute shock.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN TELEPORT AT ALL? ANGELINA IS STAYING HERE WHAT IF SHE SAW?! NO, THAT'S NOT THE POINT HERE, YOU CHOSE THE WORST TIME TO TELEPORT, THEY ALL SAW, IT'S OVER!

My face probably showed how overwhelmed I was. I was obviously freaking out.

Chill, I can fix this...hopefully...

"Uh, s—surprise! That was actually a magic trick! Hahahahaha!" He lied and I wanted to disappear because my friends weren't stupid enough to believe that shit.

"Bullshit! How the hell is that even possible?!" Rose crossed her arms still in shock.

"Well, you see, believe it or not, my family used to own a circus, so I grew up learning crazy and unbelievable tricks like these, this is the first time it has gone well, I mean you saw the pink smoke and all, how is this not fake?!" He laughed but I could tell he was dying inside.

"Really? Are you serious? You're not like a supernatural creature or anything, right? This is just an unbelievable trick?" Rachel snapped out of the shock she was in and seemed to be trying to believe Cupid's lie.

"Yes, just an illusion, I'm sorry you were all troubled by it, I thought it would be funny, but it might have been too good," he uneasily grinned.

Then as if we hadn't been tortured enough, Melody teleported next to Cupid.

I couldn't even scream at this point, I could only mentally die.

"Ero—" she began but then saw the shocked faces in front of her. "Uh..."

"GIVE IT UP FOR MY LOVELY ASSISTANT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"NO WAY IN HELL! I DON'T BELIEVE YOU ANYMORE!" Rose backed away.

Cupid sighed. "I knew you'd say that," he turned to Melody, "Melody you completely ruined my cover-up, now what do I do?!"

"You're the irresponsible one here, I only showed up because you are causing trouble and the 'higher-ups' told me to come see what's happening!" She hissed.

"Is no one going to explain what the hell is going on here?!" Rachel spoke up, "Dylan, what is this?! Is he really a fake magician or is he some kind of warlock?"

I snapped out of my panic, "Uh, well—"

"Ha! This guy? A magician?! As if! He can't even make up a good lie!" Melody cut me off before I could see if lying once more would work.

Cupid facepalmed.

Shit!

"Then...that means...Whoa! You're a wizard!" Rachel blinked in shock a few times.

The only calm person in the room was Angelina who had probably just mentally disassociated. She hadn't moved since Cupid appeared.

At least she didn't faint...

"A wizard?! As if! Yours truly would never be that lame!" Cupid seemed offended by the title he was given.

"Alright, alright, let's explain ourselves, take a seat on the couch Dylan get over here we need to discuss something," Melody grabbed Cupid and dragged him into the kitchen with me following after.

Once we made it in there she crossed her arms. "EROS YOU FUCKING IDIOT! HOW THE HELL DID YOU LET THIS HAPPEN?!" She hit him on the back of the head.

"Shhhh!" I said not wanting to cause more trouble. "He wasn't at fault, he just didn't know. It was all an accident!"

"Yeah? I guess me beating his ass will be an accident too!" She was super pissed.

"Hey! I didn't think Dylan's friends would be here! Plus I totally forgot his sister was here too!" Cupid defended himself.

"Fine, let's get straight to the point here, are your friends trustworthy? Do I have to knock them out hard enough for them to forget all of this?" Melody cracked her fingers and neck.

This doesn't sound too good...

"They are good people, they wouldn't say a word! Trust me! My sister also seems to be a good kid, anyway no one will believe any of them even if they do try to reveal Cupid's true identity, we humans don't really believe in this kind of stuff unless we see it with our own eyes," I waved my hands dismissively, but inside I was at peak freak out mode.

"Alright then, let's go explain the situation to them," she angrily marched back into the living room.

I never thought this day would come...and I didn't think we'd be exposed like this.