Chapter 37 - Wrong Move

***DYLAN'S POV***

OH GOD, I FINALLY SAID IT!!!

Cupid blushed.

"Are you serious...?" He asked probably expecting me to say I was just joking.

Now I was the one blushing.

"Don't make me repeat it because I won't," I looked away.

"Oh god, pinch me I have to be dreaming, this can't be real, it just can't!" he dramatically said pretending to faint.

"I will fucking punch you if you continue with this act," I warned.

"So...will you—no I can't say it, not now," Cupid sighed, looking down deep in thought.

Wait, wasn't this the part where he was supposed to ask me out? Weren't we supposed to make it official?! Why won't he ask me out!?

"Can't say what?" I hid my anxiety from him.

"Nothing never mind, it's pretty late we should go to sleep," he scratched the back of his head.

"...yeah, are you going to sleep here or on the couch?" I asked not looking at him since I knew he would see the disappointed look on my face.

"Well, I mean I'd like to sleep here if you'd let me," he smiled.

How can he smile like that? Does he not care about what I just told him? I literally just confessed to him and he just changed the topic! He didn't even ask me out...

"You can if you want to," I began pulling the loose threads off the bedsheet.

I mean even though I, in a way got rejected, I'm no longer going to hide my feelings for him since there's no need to anymore.

Without another word, he hugged me making us both land on the bed in a sleeping position.

I'm so confused are we a thing now or not??? I'm getting mixed signals here...

I turned around and rested my head on his chest.

That was a brave fucking move I usually would have backed out and then slept on the couch if I did that before.

I knew this caught Cupid by surprise just like it did to me, but he just hugged me back in response.

***