Chapter 82 - Oh, Brother!

***CUPID'S POV***

"Are you ready?" I adjusted my tie.

"Are you sure I don't have to wear a suit? I mean your mom already hates me..." Dylan nervously looked at me.

I walked over to him and cupped his face in my hands, "It's fine, I don't want you to have to wear things you don't feel comfortable in, my mom has to accept the real you and if she doesn't for the second time we won't ever go to another dinner she invites us to."

He put his hands over mine, "Yeah but I don't want her to hate me."

"Don't worry too much about it, my mom is hard to get along with and she takes a long time to accept things she doesn't agree with, but after some time she realizes her mistakes and learns to tolerate whatever she disagreed with in the past," I kissed his forehead.

"Okay."

***

We teleported to my mother's place and her workers were quick to whisper amongst themselves.

"He's back with the boy again!"

"Eros is back? Didn't he get into a fight with the Goddess last time?"

"My eyes have been blessed twice today, it's quite a rare occasion!"

They are very chatty today.

"Usually Mother makes her grand entrance, but it doesn't seem like she's going to do it today, let's just go into the mansion," I said grabbing Dylan's hand and making my way to the mansion.

"So the rumors are true!"

"Are they really dating?!"

"Alas, I knew he wouldn't choose me, I'm just a lowly worker after all!"

"And to think his brother would be the one holding another man's hand."

I glared at the last person who had spoken and he ran away in fear.

These people only know how to move their mouths.

***

We looked for Mother everywhere and she was nowhere to be found so we decided to take a break and rest in one of the guest rooms.

We sat down on the bed.

"I don't get why she called us here if she wasn't going to show up," I sighed.

"Maybe she's busy."

"I highly doubt that," I countered. "Dylan let's just go home."

"No, you already agreed that we'd see your mother so we can't just leave now," he shook his head and I knew that he would disagree with me, he did the same thing last time.