Chapter 26 - I'm sorry!

***DYLAN'S POV***

A second after realizing what I just did I pushed him away all flustered.

"I—I'm so sorry...I—I need to get some air."

What the fuck did I just do? What am I thinking?!

I pushed past him and ran out of the apartment and into the elevator. I had to get away from him. Away from all of this.

***CUPID'S POV***

Dylan pushed past me in a hurry.

"Dylan wa—" I started, but was cut off by the door closing shut.

Wait...HE'S GOING OUTSIDE! This is not good! What if the guys are near here? What if he gets hurt and I'm not there to save him this time?

I ran out of the apartment managing to get a coat on the way out but forgetting to lock the door.

Once I was in the halls, I took the stairs hoping that if I ran down them fast enough I would be able to catch him.

***

When I made it to the lobby I looked around and found the landlady sitting in one of the decorative couches reading a magazine.

"He ran out in a hurry, bring him back in one piece please and you better hurry because lord knows what dangers are out there at this time of night," she said, turning the page of her magazine.

I wasted no time in running out the door.

***

It feels like I've been running around forever, but it's probably only been a couple of minutes and I began to panic even more.

Get it together Eros, calm down. If I calm down and concentrate I can easily teleport to him. Calm down, concentrate, calm down, concentrate.

***

***DYLAN'S POV***

Why do I always run away? Last time I made him worried...what if I actually get in trouble this time? He's not here...Stupid, stupid, stupid, Dylan! What are you thinking? I need to turn back, but I have no idea where the fuck I am...

I looked around and saw an alley. I froze.

Oh my fucking god I completely forgot about the encounter we had a couple of hours ago...Cupid must be freaking out right now! I'm so fucking dead either way...If Cupid finds me, he will be really pissed and if I stay around these parts, there is a huge chance I can get hurt by bad people.