Chapter 38 - Two idiots

***DYLAN'S POV***

Before I knew it we were in front of a high school.

Damn, it's been a while—well kind of a while since I've been this close to a high school...

Cupid and I stood there just gazing at the school.

"Hey! Kid, it's either you go in or don't come at all!" A grumpy old man in a staff uniform yelled at me.

"Uh—me?" I stupidly asked pointing at myself.

"Yeah, you! Stop stalling," he glared at me.

Shit Cupid is invisible to them but I'm not, god damn it!

"A—Actually I don't go he—"

"I've heard that shit before get your ass in the office you delinquent," he yanked my arm as he walked me towards the office.

By this time people were staring and whispering random shit like:

"Who's that?"

"Is he new?"

"Getting in trouble so early in the goddamn morning?"

"Trouble student."

And the occasional:

"He's cute," which made me blush out of embarrassment while Cupid glared at them probably trying to get a good look at who those people are to make sure he doesn't give them a chance at a happy life.

***

Once in the office, the old man let go of me.

"This rebellious student was trying to ditch, luckily I caught him before he did so I better get paid well this week," the old man spat at a lady in the office and walked out.

She looked over at me with a raised eyebrow, "Is that true?"

"What?! Of course not! I don't even go here!" I yelled.

Cupid snapped his fingers and mumbled something and I shot him a confused glance.

Just as he was about to open his mouth and say something the lady spoke.

"What's your name," she asked.

"Dylan Porter..." I said uneasily.

Cupid tapped me on the shoulder making me look at him.

"Sorry about not making you invisible, but I made it up by enrolling you here so you seem like a new student, don't worry they'll forget tomorrow," he whispered as if they'd hear him.

"Why would yo—"

"Ah, I see you're a new student here! I'm so sorry you must have been so confused and scared starting your first day here being yelled at by old man Herald," she cut me off which I was thankful for since people would have thought I was crazy talking to myself and shit.

"...Yeah..." I answered quietly.

Oh god, I don't want to be in high school again!

"Here's your schedule, the bell rings at 9:07 for class to start, for now, you should explore your new school," she said handing me a paper.

"Thanks..." I said before walking out.