Chapter 3

My father would not stop staring at me, he was probably wondering what terrifying thing happened to make me carry pepper spray in my bag. the truth nothing I just decided I rather be over prepared then under prepared. I mean after he left it wasn't like my mother and me could afford to live in a mansion probably just one more reason she decided life wasn't worth living. I refused to meet my father gaze however in fact I refused to met anyone's gaze. The dining room was so silent and the air was thick with tension, it was suffocating so I did the only thing I could think to do diffuse the situation in the most chaotic and unladylike way possible.

"So..." I said stabbing a chunk of my tofu and looking at it intentionally, it was undercooked.
"This is extremely awkward." I mumbled to myself.

"You couldn't be more right also what the hell are you eating.?" My step brother said agreeing with me and looking at my tofu with disgust. I shot him a mock glare, until my mouth turned into a smirk I luanched my self at him and manger to get on his back and wrap my legs around his waist as we were sat at the breakfast bar I stuffed my tofu in his face

"Are come are you sure you don't want to eat my bean meat" I sang teasing him as he tried to get me off him safely. Whereas I refused to let go like a baby monkey.

"What are you doing?" Amber screamed at me as she slammed her fist onto the bar. I froze and so did Theo.

"Mum calm down she's just having fun she's trying to be part of the family" Theo told me setting me down next to me hugging him to my side frowning at his mother. I tensed from the hug but I started to relax into it.

"Thanks" I whispered to him. My dad finally glanced away and placed his hand on Ambers arm. She took a deep breath and ignored us. I moved slightly in Theo's arm he let me go and gave me a sweet smile I smiled back at him. I took my plate to the sink and rinsed and placed it in the dishwasher before any one could open there mouth's, I escaped to my room. I plopped down on the bed and looked up at my navy blue ceiling. I wondered if the art shop was still open. The sun was setting outside why window if I ran or got a lift I could make it. I opened my door quickly and saw a fist I looked to the right of the fist and met those stony grey eyes.

"Um hi" Theo said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Can you drive?" I asked him. He raised his eyebrow at me. I shook my head slightly telling him not to ask.

"I can drive but not a car" he said taking a hand through his hair.
"Please tell me you own a leather jacket" he told me. I grinned, ducked into my room and grabbed my black leather jacket. He smiled when he saw me zipping it up.

"Let's go!" I said he lead me to his bike it was in the garage covered by a dust sheet. As he threw off the cover I inhaled a mouthful of dust I dissolved into coughs.

"Woah y/n sorry you ok sweetheart." He asked at he patted my back. I bit my tongue with the come back of obviously not genius.

"I'm super" I wheezed back at him. He climbed on motioning to me to get on the back. I climbed on wrapping my arms around his waist. His back was warm I wondered what he would do if I rested my cheek on it. No no bad y/n he is my stepbrother for Christ sake have some self control I told myself as Theo passed me a black helmet and I put it on.

"So where are we going?"Theo ask me as he kicked the bike stand up.

"The art store that's something in there I wanna try." I said to Theo. He shrugged and then we were off. It was exhilarating the wind whistling past me. His solid back offering me warmth. It was over to soon, thank the Lord the store was still open I sprinted to it and grabbed the night time star constellation stickers for my ceiling.
I looked back and Theo through the window of the store at the beginning of this day I hated how my life I had become but maybe just maybe I had found some
Comfort form an unlikely source

"Can I help you?" Said a bright and cheerful voice. I looked over to see the source of the voice and the till was a boy of about fifteen he had short blond hair and bright brown eyes and was smiling at me. Well he was much more welcoming then the blue emo who served me before. I smiled at him

"Just these please." I told him sliding the sticker to him and pulling out a crumpled £5 note form my pocket. As I exchanged the money for the stickers I herd the door opening as saw Theo stand there smirking slightly at me I stuck my tongue out at him as I was given my change
"Thank you" I said as we left the store to go home