Chapter 23

I could hear the pounding bass down the street just as I could hear the drunk laughter and shouts. Juliet rushed ahead of us and pulled a small brunette into a hug. She had waist length hair that was pulled up into a high sleek ponytail and dark mocha skin. Here sparkling brown eyes where smiling as she hugged the taller blond back. She was wearing a black mini skirt and a white cropped jumper she must have been freezing. She walked over to us and shook me hand.

"You must be y/n it nice to finally put a face to the name and rumours" she said winking at me.

"Likewise. And what rumours?" I asked as my body started to go red.

"The fight between our bruiser here and the dickhead" Ethan said jumping between me and Mia.
"Mia you look ravishing tonight so where Is the free-." Ethan started to ask but Mia put her hand up

"drinks are in the kitchen, dancing in the living room pot in the garden and sex is upstairs." She explained as what about to say something but a boy her was being sick in a rose bush fought her attention.
"For fuck sake Jay not in my mums white roses" she yelled running over to him and Juliet dragged me inside the house where it was more deafening. She pulled me to the kitchen

"So What your poison?" She asked me getting her self a bottle of larger

"Vodka, tequila or whiskey" I said as I watched the bodies grind on each other for the door way in thinly veiled disgust. Like I said parties and me do not mix.
"Hey Jules What did you mean when you said Ethan's not going to know what hit him?" I asked her as she gave me a drink which was one part vodka two parts lemonade.

"Your joking  right?" She asked me as she nodded to some people she knew as we went out into the back garden. I shook my head to both her as some guy with a wether beaten face and long dirt blond hair who offered me a joint.
"Ethan has got a crush on you but you can't tell anyone me, Rex and you are the only one who knew because if Theo found out Ethan would be dead were he stands" Juliet told me in a dead serious voice I took a long chug of my drink. Juliet sat down on the grass with her back against the fence I sat next to her.
"Y/n I want you to be carful with Theo." She told me softly as she looked up at the stars I opened my mouth to ask what she went but she stopped me.
"I mean Theo is one of my best friends but he is possessive he's always been even when we kids and in primary school it started of small and normal they were his pens and pencils then it got a bit more strong for example if any one tried to play with me and Noah Theo got mad after all we were HIS friends. And now he's still possessive and now he has you as His little sister I'm scared his possessive will over take him and he won't be able to come back from it. So please be carful with Theo maybe even try to help him I don't want to lose one of my best friends and I know you don't want to lose your brother" Juliet told me as her blue eyes glistening with in shed tears trapped my e/c eyes in pleading

"You have no idea and don't worry I won't lose him with out a fight" I told her confidently. I stood she looked at me with a confused glance.
"I need to let Ethan know how I feel it's the least I can do so thank you for telling me" I told her brushing stray pieces of grass from the dress. Juliet took another swing from her bottle
"no problem just make sure Theo's not around." She replied I showed her a smile and went off to find the red head.

I found Ethan talking to a petite brunette she had a small nose and mouth but big soulful green eyes and her skin had a cute sprinkle of freckles it seemed like her and Ethan were engaging in a friendly debate. Ethan had a beer in his left hand and was gesturing widely with his left hand while the small girl watched him with an amused smile. She was wearing a navy blue spaghetti strapped dress with had a belt around the waist. I made my way over to them the girl saw me and gave me a friendly smile that I returned.

"Hey Ethan can talk to you for a second." Ethan face went almost as red as his head as he stuttered trying to find some words.

"I'll just go and get another drink I think." The brunette said excusing herself. I thanked her silently.

"What's up y/n btw you look beautiful in that." Ethan said rubbing his neck anxiously. I gave him a sweet smile

"Thanks, Ethan I don't know how to say this but um I kinda like someone." I mumbled looking down.

"Yeah y/n I know. I don't know who it is but I know you don't like me how I like you. Its just a crush and to be completely honest if I did get near you Theo would go crazy like mentally unhinged I think I speak for both of us when I say that wouldn't be good." Ethan said taking a swig of his beer his face beetroot red. I gave him a small smile

"Thanks Ethan and you will find someone head over heels for you, Honestly I'm  flattered you like me it was a shock. But I'm glad this has been sorted out now I got to find Theo or else I thing he'll might break lose Or another one of Mia's vases."I told Ethan leaving him to find the steeled eyed man who was watching my exchange with the red head with burning charcoal eyes.