Chapter 4

Olivia North

It was Jensen, dad's lawyer, and 3 bulky guys. I don't feel good about this. I clicked the speak button to talk to them. "Get lost!" I ordered them with conviction, masking what I'm feeling inside.

"Ms. Olivia, Mr. North sent us here." He replied, void of emotions.

"Do you think I care?! Get the hell out of this building Jensen before I call the cops and report burglary." I said. Erin and Jowee stood behind me to look at the screen. I mouthed "I got this" to Erin, as I looked at her and she nodded, while Jowee's on her phone asking her dad to back us up with their security.

"Ms. Olivia, apologies but your father ordered us to do this." He nodded to one of the bulky guys. I was confused as to what he's pertaining to but then I heard my door was forcefully opened by one of the bulky guys I assume my dad hired for this.

Three of us got startled. My eyes widen seeing them entering my apartment one by one. I gave my purse to Jowee and walked to the guy who destroyed my door and slap his face, "How dare you destroy my door?" I said while pointing my forefinger to him.

I heard my friends gasped and man, my hand stings from that slap. And that guy didn't even flinch or reacted. Don't tell me that he lifts weight with his face? Don't get we wrong, I am not a violent person but from what is going on in my life right now, I badly needed a punching bag to hit. Nevertheless, I still felt bad for the guy, but I have to stand on my ground, he just destroyed my perfectly painted pink door. I even went to the paint store myself and mix a lot of colors just to achieve the perfect pink color I liked.

Then I walked up to Jensen and pointed my finger to his face, he flinched because he thought that I will hit him. I smirked seeing his reaction but it didn't satisfy me, I think I can do better than that.

"You will pay for my door, Atty." I said calmly, but I made sure that he can clearly see the anger in my eyes. I put my forefinger down and continued, "You're a lawyer and yet you forcefully break in to my apartment. You know better than that, Jensen." I each pointed at them and back to Jensen and continued calmly "I will report you all for illegally trespassing... which might I add, a misdemeanor crime, Atty." I smiled. "Would you like your esteemed reputation to be putrefied by me showing the cctv footage to the cops of you breaking and entering my apartment because the great Anthony North ordered you to do so? What would people think, that the feared lawyer in the city is one of Anthony North's puppets or better yet the one who does the dirty job?" his eyes widened and gulped. I smirked because this is the reaction that I was waiting for, very good Livy, you sure hit a nerve. I mentally clapped.

"We sure don't want that do you, it's not good for you and for your reputable firm. Now get the hell out, you all are irritating." I added while heading towards my couch and sat cross-legged.

He cleared his throat and composed himself and said, "Actually Ms. North, it's you who should get out of this building, because your father ordered us to tell you that if you do not heed on his request, it's not only your bank account he can control but all of your stuff because technically, it is his money who paid for all of it." He said as he looked around my apartment scornfully.

I laughed, like really laughed. I looked at the people inside my apartment and saw their confused stares towards me. I stopped and stood up, I went to my window and stared at the view and smiled. This view is what really got me to lease this apartment. It is breathtaking especially at night where the city lights illuminated the whole city. I really am lucky that I got this apartment on this side of the building where I don't see much of the city's concrete jungle. I read, eat, do yoga, think, and even watch tv in this part of my house. This is my spot, whenever I need to cogitate or just want to feel peace, I sit here.

My thoughts were abruptly interrupted by someone clearing his throat.

"I signed the lease agreement under my name, Jensen." I sighed and calmly stated.

"Your father knew it very well, Olivia and..."

"and he knew that I only have 2 months before I renew my leasing contract so he offered to pay twice or thrice the amount per month to the building admin. And now he owns this place, am I right Jensen?" I completed his sentence as I stood in front of him again.

"Yes, you are." He nodded feeling uncomfortable due to our close proximity. He took 2 steps back and nodded to the bulky guy that's on my right. He stretched out the paper in front of me and I looked at Jensen bored.

"That contract states that this apartment is now leased your dad." He spoke while assessing me on what i am about to react.

I smiled sweetly at him and that took him off-guard because I know that this is not the kind of reaction he's expected from me to see and I am willing to place a bet on his balding head that he expected otherwise.

I patted his shoulder and said, "I want a baby pink door, ok?" I said as I went out of my apartment and head straight to the elevator.

As I pushed the down button, the elevator opened and I walked in and waited for my friends to get in. They went inside and I grabbed my purse from Jowee and said, "Before we go to the cabin, can we eat at The Burger Shack, because I need food in my system."

Jowee nodded and I heard Erin said "Oh Livy." And they both hugged me.

I smiled and said, "One of you will pay for my burger."

"And that is Erin." Jowee stated and we all laughed.

Xo

-kimmypatata