Chapter 30

Olivia North

I woke up from the glare of the sun and from the strain of my neck. I sat up from my spot and hugged my knees. Events from yesterday came back to me, the sale, the tour, the dinner, and the crying. Last night, I cried so hard and called mommy's name a lot, if only she's here she would've made this easier, she would've made and honed me to be a good wife and mom like her, but she's already dead, I grew up without her so I didn't have someone to look up to when it comes being a mom and a wife because I only have memories with her.

I have long been accepted the fact that I will marry Niccolo and be Dylan's mom, but last night was a wake up call for me. I asked myself a million times that Am I really a good choice for them? Can I take care both of them? This relationship with Nick and Dylan suddenly turned ambivalence and conflicted to me. I am happy to be a part of their life but at the same time I don't think that they deserve me to be in their life.

My phone rang and I saw the caller ID, Nick's name appeared, I took a couple of deep breathes before I answered the call.

"Good morning." I said in a cheerful tone but my face says otherwise.

"Good afternoon, Olivia." He said and I looked at my phone and saw that it's 2:30pm. Oh I slept the entire morning? Okay.

"Oh. I guess I overslept. So, what do you want, Nick?" I stood up and went to my kitchen to pour me a milk, I took a glance from the mirror and I gasped when I saw my disoriented self. My makeup was smudged and I looked like a panda.

"Why? What's wrong?" I heard Nick's worried voice on my ear.

"Nothing, I just spilled my milk. So, what's up?" I asked again while I went to my kitchen and put Nick on a speaker.

"I just want to know if you're okay. What happened last night was my fault if I only..."

"Nick, I am fine. Of course I was kinda hurt but I promised to you and to myself that I will win your family's heart. So don't worry about me, I am Olivia North, I don't back down to challenges." I leaned my head on the fridge before I open it because I don't think that I can be enthusiastic today.

I took out the milk from the fridge and pour me some in the cup.

"Olivia, don't you ever think that you're less than. Anyway, I have to go now, I can't be contacted today, babe, because I am in a conference meeting with the German investors. I'll call you later, Livy. Have a nice day." I can hear empathy in his voice and I smiled.

"Nick, it's Sunday, why did you schedule meetings on a weekend? I don't understand you and Zac. Ugh." I rolled my eyes and finished my milk.

He chuckled.

"Whatever, I am taking a bath, I'm going shopping today. Bye Niccolo and kiss Dylan for me, please." I said sweetly and walked to my room.

"Alright. I'll call you later." After that, he hung up, I charged my phone first and took a bath.

Today, I shopped by myself, I bought a lot of stuff for me, Niccolo, and Dylan. I bought Nick neckties and a watch and I bought Dylan cute clothes, I even bought him a Tigger swimwear that has a long tail attached on the it bum part. So cute.

I decided to go home and have dinner. I was shocked when I stopped in front of Dad's house. How did I come here? I must've been so occupied that I didn't even notice that I was heading here. Oh well, let's just visit the old man.

I went inside the manor and saw Lorna.

"Hi Lorna, good evening. Is dad here?" I hugged her and she hugged me back. She smiled at me and tuck a stray hair behind my ear.