Chapter 18

Olivia North

I. Am. So. Sleepy.

This meeting is way too boring for me. I looked at my wrist watch discreetly to see how many more minutes have left. When I saw the time, I looked at it in horror because it was only 30 minutes since we've started this meeting, that means I still have 3 hours and 30 minutes more. Oh my God, why is the time moving so slow and this middle-aged man that I forgot the name of, was really presenting a very, very, very boring proposal, but you can see that he really knows what he's talking about, and I commend him about it.

Suddenly I felt the urge to yawn and I really couldn't stop myself to do it so I did it in a very discreet way. As I looked at my left, I saw Zac glaring daggers at me, warning me to listen to the guy presenting. I rolled my eyes at him and diverted my attention to this boring man.

Finally, after four and a half hours, tons of presentations, and discreet yawnings, the meeting adjourned and I was finally free from boredom. While in the meeting, I told myself that I will take the day's off after this and head home to sleep. These past few days, I often went home at around 11pm to finish all the pending documents in the oil division. Then this morning, my alarm went off at 4am waking me up to jog. I only jogged for 30 minutes because I was really tired and worn out.

I went inside my office, took my purse and went out, I looked for Nikkie and saw her standing by the pantry. I walked up to her to tell her that I will be taking today's off so she can inform anyone who's looking for me. She nodded and wished me to have a great day.

As I exited the lift, my phone rang and saw Jowee's name. I put my phone on my ear to answer her.

"Hello." I greeted her while I returned the smiles of our lobby receptionists. As I answered, I heard two cheerful voices greeted me.

"What's up, cheesecake." Jowee said

"Hi, Olivia." Erin said

"Yow." I said flatly.

"What's that mood? You're not happy to talk to us?" Jowee queried, here we go again on her being dramatic. I sighed.

I nodded to the valet as he hopped out of my car.

"Whatever Jowee, I'm tired. What do you want?" I asked as I stepped inside my car.

"Have lunch with us, Livy. It's been a while since we've seen each other." Erin stated.

"I'm so sorry girls but I'm really tired right now. I'm actually heading home to get some sleep. Next time, promise. My treat." I promised as I navigated my car to the road.

I heard someone sighed.

"You're brother really give you tons of work, huh." I heard Jowee stated in a compassionate voice. I nodded but then I realized that they couldn't see me so I spoke.

"Yes, especially now that dad started to transfer the chairmanship to him. Would you believe that he just given the oil division to me last week?" I told them.

"Aww, Livy. I wish we could help you." Erin said apologetically.

"I wish... Jowee, how can you manage to stay positive all the time? Please tell me your secret." I asked Jowee desperately because I badly needed to know.

"Honey, first of all, I was born to be positive. Secondly, I only have one department to handle unlike you who happened to be a daughter of the owner of North Group of Companies and handles various divisions." she commented.

"But still, you're the sole heiress of your company, you're like Zac." I stated because I know that her dad's honing her in their business since she was a teenager, I really need to know how she handled everything from the start.