Chapter 42

Olivia North

I am so exhausted right after I finished the meeting Zac asked me to fill in for him. He's currently in India to facilitate the joint venture we have with Mr. Sanjay Gupta, I believe he'll be there till tomorrow. Since his so-called snapping two weeks ago, he always come to the office hot-headed and so hard to deal with.

I heard from Jane that he always lash out just from a tiny bit mistake such as running out of staple wires in his stapler or his printer not working because he forgot to switch it on.

No one could handle him even I because when I attempted to cheer him up to have lunch with me, he snapped and shouted at me. He then gave me additional tons of workload so I could just shut up and devote my "free time" to work. Since then, I never came to his office or in his floor.

I didn't know what happened to him but I believe this has something to do with the woman who saw him making out naked with another woman. At first I thought it was Erin but when I asked her whereabouts that morning, she told me that she was in a meeting. She was confused by my question and was no hint that she was lying so I told her instead that I thought I saw her in a coffee shop.

My dear brother, is there another woman significant to you other than Erin? Or we're we just assuming that you like her? Anyway, I will find that out soon.

I sighed when I entered my office. Enough about my brother, it's time for me to rest since he's not here.

I smiled when I saw a bouquet of Ecuadorian red roses on my table that was delivered a while ago from Niccolo. He wrote in the card that he will fetch me later at 6pm at my apartment for dinner. Dylan on the other hand will be fetched by Esme and Tom for he will be spending the whole week with them.

I looked at my wristwatch and saw that I still have 4 hours to kill time. I have no more urgent work and meeting today and I was not in the mood to work hmmm... What to do?

Oh right, I should go to a spa today to get me a good massage. Right.

I took my purse to go but I groaned when my office phone rang. I was gonna ignore it but when I saw the familiar digits on the caller ID, I picked it up.

"Hello." I answered.

"Olivia, we are taking your Dad to the hospital." Lorna spoke in a very panicked voice.

"What?! Why?! What happened to my dad?" I dropped my purse upon hearing that they're taking dad to the hospital.

"Lorna!! Answer me!" I raised my voice when I heard nothing from her.

"H-he had a h-heart attack. We're going now, come to the hospital." She said and hung up. Heart attack? What was that? How did dad have a heart attack? He's perfectly healthy or wasn't he? A tear rolled down on to my face and before I knew it, they were like waterfalls. No no no no no... This won't happen again to me.

I wiped my face with the back of my hand and grabbed my purse and exited my office. I went straight to our private elevator and head down to the parking area.

I drove fast to the hospital and tried calling Zac, it went to voicemail but I tried again until he answered it.

"Olivia what the..."

"Zachary... Dad... Dad had a heart attack. Lorna and Jones are taking him to the hospital." I told him while I was crying.

"What? Livy, where are you?" He asked.

"I'm on my way to the hospital. Zac, how did this happen? Daddy was healthy right?" I cried even harder, to this point, I had nothing in mind but to be in the hospital as fast as I can.