Chapter 50

Olivia North

I was busy finalizing the powerpoint I will present to Mr. Cooper next week. We had already signed the proposal and agreed that we will split the revenue into 50-50. I told this news to Zac and dad and they were elated as well as surprised when they knew about the joint venture. They couldn't believe that I handled Mr. Cooper and even have him agreed to do business with us, because Zac couldn't even have a meeting with him.

I would have been completely happy if Nick and I were not in this situation. Still, after we had our bicker, I still texted him to don't forget to eat and to not over work himself. Also, I learned from Didith that their sales report this month was 10% shorter than that of last year. I know that he's under a lot of stress that's why I gave him some space and did not push myself to him.

But he never once replied to my texts. I miss him so bad, you know. I miss his voice, his touches, his kisses, his teases, his laughters, just everything about him. For about two weeks, I only have Dylan to spend time with me. Through him and Jenko, I asked them how was Nick's doing? If he's eating or sleeping properly, if he's taking time off from work...

Per Jenko, he usually spends his time in his office right after he went home. He buries himself to work. If only I knew what's going on with him and if he will let me, I would definitely help him and/or support him. But I know and I can feel that he doesn't want me to interfere that's why I give him some space.

I haven't told anyone what's going on between us because firstly, this concerns only the both of us and secondly, I didn't know what will I explain to them because I didn't know what to say.

I sighed deeply and leaned my head on my office desk. Then, my phone rang and I immediately looked at the screen hoping that it was Niccolo.

It was his sister Tessa, nonetheless, I still smiled because I was actually fond of her. I cleared my throat to remove the sadness that I was feeling and answered the phone.

"Hello." I answered dryly.

"Whoa there, what's with the tone? Are you in a middle of something? Or are you busy?" She asked carefully yet enthusiastically.

I smiled at her enthusiasm.

"Nope, I'm not. So, what you up to?" I asked and I walked to my window overlooking the city.

"Well, since I couldn't reach my grumpy brother, I figured to call you instead even though I already texted him. Anyway, I am inviting you to my 21st birthday this coming Friday afternoon at our house. It's not that fancy, just a little family and friends get together to celebrate my alcohol legality. I hope you can come despite your busy schedule. Plot it in your calendar already, Olivia."

She informed me and I just chuckled and I went to my computer to check my schedule. I have a meeting with Mr. Cooper in the morning but the rest of the afternoon, I'm free.

"I am free on the afternoon, Tess. I'll block it now so that no one can set a meeting on that day." I informed her and she squealed loudly, I had to remove the phone away from my ear to protect it from the loud squeal.

"Yes! Oh and by the way, please tell Jowee and Erin that they're invited too so they better be ready with my gifts." She joked and I remembered her reaction when she knew what they have given to Dylan.

"Sure, Tess." I assured her.

"Ok then. My class will start now, see you on Friday, sissy. Mwah!" She blew a kiss and hung up. I smiled at her antics because she really is a Jowee version 2.0.

But my smile faded away when I thought that if Nick will notify me about Tessa's birthday. I just hope he would ask me to be his date, in that way I would know that we're okay.