Chapter 16

Niccolo Knights

I walked out of the elevator and saw Edna, the receptionist of our floor, busy typing on her computer.

"Hello, Edna." I stopped anf greeted in return, she smiled at me warmly.

"Hello, Mr. Knights. I suppose your meeting went smoothly?" she asked

"Yup, but still boring."

"Well I don't think your day would be boring considering that Ms. Olivia is here waiting for you in your office." she said and what? Did I hear it correctly? I looked at Edna with a questioning look and asked, "Olivia who?"

I asked for a clarification because I know for a fact that even when the hell freezes, she will not come to me. But then if she does, maybe Tony's behind it.

"It's Ms. Olivia North. I believe she's one of your important persons in your life right now?" she teased. I was shocked to hear from Edna that it was really the feisty heiress waiting inside my office. Office. Oh, my Lord, Dylan is currently napping. I looked at my wristwatch and saw that it's 12:10 in the afternoon. He would've been awake now from his nap.

I smiled at Edna and walked towards my office with great strides worrying about Dylan crying and how will Olivia handle it.

Before I opened the door to my office, I can already hear Dylan's agonizing cries. As his father, I recognized it as a nightmare cry. So, I quickly opened my door and what I saw was a great shock for me.

There I saw Olivia carried Dylan from his crib and rocked him back and forth, comforting him. She patted his back gently, Dylan stopped crying and leaned his head on Olivia's shoulder. I admit, this is something that I never even thought of. That Olivia knows how and can comfort a toddler, also the way she carries Dylan was as if she'd did it before. What is going on? Is this really Olivia? Or was Edna mistaken this woman as Olivia. My questions were answered when the woman turned around. It was really Olivia North.

She was also surprised to see me but before I can speak, she explained what happened.

"Before you get mad, I swear I didn't do anything to him. He was having a nightmare, so I went to him and woke him up." she explained a little bit panicked was evident in her eyes.

I chuckled, I closed the door gently and replied, "I wasn't mad." At the same time, Dylan moved and turned his head to look at me. He smiled and called me, "Daddy."

I smiled, walked towards them and patted Dylan's head. "Hi, my man, I heard you were having a nightmare. What happened?" I asked concerned.

"Yes. I couldn't fight Thanos, daddy." he said sadly and leaned his head to Olivia's chest. I found it so heartwarming to see Dylan cozying up with Olivia. I looked at Olivia and she was looking at me. I raised my browse at her, and she rolled her eyes and pointed her head to Dylan. Oh yeah, I need to comfort him.

"It's ok, Dylan. You have to eat vegetables, so you'll get stronger to fight Thanos. Come here. You're heavy for Olivia." I said while reaching out to him. I saw realization dawned at Dylan as to whom he was hugging, and he looked up at Olivia. He smiled at her and asked her name politely, "Hewwo, my name is Dywan, may I know what is youw name?"

Olivia chuckled and pinched his cheek with her fingers. "Hello Dylan, my name is Olivia, we've met before." she replied.

This is the first time I saw her in that mood. She's smiling and laughing, not the usual frown marred in her face and the occasionally rolling of her eyes. It's like I'm facing a different Olivia.