Chapter 23

Niccolo Knights

I sent the last email for today and shut my laptop. I looked at my watch and saw that it's already 11pm, geez, time passed by so fast. Anyway, it's my fault that I finished late because I returned here at 3pm from Olivia's office. Today, I discovered another part of her that no one knew, that was her vulnerability. Everyone knows her as the feisty and arrogant heiress but the truth is, that was her only way to protect herself from all the people who will take advantage of her. That was why she's always been misunderstood. The truth about her is that she's a fragile woman and she's concealing it by being tough. A while ago, we had lunch in her office, as usual she ordered a lot of food then I asked her about her agreeing to Dylan to call her mommy.

"Livy, are you sure it's okay to you for Dylan to call you mommy?" I asked cautiously because I don't want to ruin the moment.

She looked at me confused and held my face with both of her hands.

"Niccolo, I'm fine with that. If I wasn't, you know I would tell him no. You know me, I would straight up say no if I don't like or want it, you also know that I don't care whoever am I saying no to, right. You of all people should know that." She smirked at me and continued eating.

I chuckled.

"Oh yeah right. But are you sure? I can tell Dylan to not call you mommy outside if your uncomfo..." she interrupted me by coining a fingerful of fries in my mouth, this woman really is something.

"Shut up, Nick. I told you I'm okay with it. Geez do you need a hearing aid already, old man?" she asked annoyed, but I can see that she's teasing me again with our age gap.

"For God sake, Olivia I'm only 30 years old, I'm only 7 years older than you." I said after I drank my water.
"Exactly, you're seven years older than me and already in thirties. I won't get surprised if you already feel your joints hurting." I widened my eyes at her, and she laughed so hard.

"You should've seen your face, Niccolo" she said in between her laughs.

"Hahaha. Very funny Olivia. Why don't you ask your brother if his joints are hurting." I frowned and leaned back on her couch.

"Awww. Are you mad, old man? I'm sorry." She said insincerely as she held my right hand with both of her hands.

"Whatever, at least I made you laugh." I said and she rolled her eyes at me. We ate in silence after that.

I smiled at the thought of her, seriously Olivia, what are you doing to me? Anyway, speaking of that beautiful woman, maybe I should give her a call if she's ok now. I dialed her number and surprisingly she answered on the first ring.

"Niccolo." She answered tiredly.

"Were you sleeping? I'm sorry if I disturb you."

"No, I am still here in the office."

"What? Why?"

"Remember that I told the two men a while ago that I want their report today? I am still waiting for it." She said tiredly.

"Olivia, if you're tired go home." I said seriously as I went out of my office.

"Not yet, Niccolo." She yawned. Oh, she's being stubborn again.

"Wait for me, I'll be there in five." I said and ended the call.

I walked out of the lift and saw two rows of lights are opened on the floor. The two men awhile ago was still here busy working or polishing their report. As I turned right, I saw the door of Olivia's office are open as well as the lights.