Chapter 63

Niccolo Knights

Dream or reality?

Which one was I in? If I was dreaming, I don't want to wake up. I want to stay asleep forever in this figment of fantasy. However, if this is reality, this would be the epiphany that will change my whole life.

But how would I know if it's either of them? I should pinch myself, that's the only way I can find out. But what if I was only dreaming and everything happened this week was just a part of it? I don't think I can bare to face the real situation when I woke up.

So I made up my mind to just continue this fantasy even if someone slaps--- PAK!

My eyes widened when I felt a sting on my left cheek. I blinked thrice and saw a very flushed Olivia in front of me.

"You're not in Dreamland." She said shyly but still managed to look me straight in the eye.

In there I saw the familiar softness and admiration I've been longing to see. Then in that split second, I realized that the former was not really it, but it is the love she has on me.

Olivia was often misjudged because of the hard shell she shows to people and how she carries herself as well as her status in the society.

Now when she showed you that kind of softness in her eyes, it doesn't mean she's being soft to you. It means that she loves you and you can see it whenever she's around with the people she loves. To her father, to Zac, to Jowee and Erin, to Jones and Lorna, to Jacinda and Belle, and to Dylan.

And now, to me. Although she's looked at me that way in the past, this was the first time I realized it. Damn, I really was an idiot.

Then I felt another sting on the other side of my cheek.

"When will you get this shock over with? My hand stung already for slapping you twice, Niccolo!" She said in irritation and shook me.

That's when it all sunk in to me. This is reality, I wasn't dreaming! This is real! I smiled widely and immediately hugged Olivia.

"Oh baby. This is real. I'm hugging you." I let out those words and looked at her smiling face.

"Can I kiss you again?" I asked and inched closer to her and she quickly avoided me.

"Nick, stop." She said and I took a step back from her. Geez, did I assume everything? Was I hallucinating only? Oh my God that's embarrassing.

I heard her sigh and clicked his tongue.

"Come here, you moron." I shifted my gaze to her and she was smiling widely while putting some shaving cream on her hand. I furrowed my brows because I was hella confused of what's happening at the moment.

She grabbed my arm and pulled me towards her and applied the cream on me then took the shaver and glide it onto my stubble. All throughout the process, I was only looking at her while thinking deeply if what happened earlier was real.

After she shaved me, she wiped my face with a warm towel. Then what happened next answered my question. She pulled my face down to hers and kissed me slowly. At first I didn't move but when she bit my lower lip, I synced my lips with her.

Now I can taste again the sweetness that I've been craving for and feel the warmth again when kissing her. Oh how I miss this woman.

When I felt her arms circled around my neck, I copied her by encircling mine to her waist and pulled her closer to me. This is what happiness feels like and I was so dumb to throw it away over some misunderstanding.

In this kiss, I poured everything, my regrets, me missing her, happiness, my love towards her, and most especially, my promise. My promise to her that I will never ever repeat the same mistakes to her and that I will make her happy for the rest of our life.