Chapter 39

Olivia North

"Dammit Olivia! It's been three weeks since I started teaching you how to cook and bake and yet you still don't know how to slice properly? You're hopeless." Mrs. Knights snapped at me and stormed out of her kitchen.

"I-Im so..." I sighed and placed the knife down.

Today's the fourth weekend Mrs. Knight teaching me how to cook and bake. Just like today, the past weekends were full of shouting like:

"How many times do I have to tell you to wash the vegetables first before slicing it?"

"Olivia focus!"

"Olivia I said cut it in half, not dice it."

"I said blanch the greens not boil them."

"That's not how you knead a dough!"

Thankfully, I managed to persuade Nick to not accompany me here at Mrs. Knights while she's teaching me. I know for a fact that I will get a lot of shoutings and curses by the time I accepted this offer that's why I asked him to not accompany. You know the guy, he loses his cool immediately when someone tries to disrespect me.

It's sweet but I don't want him to lash out on his grandmother because of me. That would just add fire to the burning hatred his Nana has on me and I didn't want also to have a crack on their relationship.

Actually, I was okay with Mrs. Knights attitude towards me. I know I've been saying this for quite a while now but I really understand from where she is coming from and I respect her. I've handled a lot of that attitude in Hope that's why I'm used to it. But what I was not used to was the ugly presence of the parrot across me who's currently smirking while slicing potatoes.

She never missed a day in this house. She's always present here, it's as if she wanted to show me how great of a cook she is. Great my ass. That's the only thing she can do great to make up for her ugliness.

I can hear her suppressing her laugh and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Oh no. Laugh all you want, Becky." I spat out and pointed my index finger at her. She smashed the knife on the counter and looked at me angrily. Pff. As if I'm scared of that.

"I told you to not call me Becky, Olivia."

"Well news flash, Becky, I can do whatever I want. Oh FYI, you hold no power over me." I raised my brow and folded my arms across my chest. I knew from Tessa that she hates to be called Becky. I didn't know if it's just a slip of tongue moment or she really informed me about it.

"Really? I am favored by Nana, anything I do or say are enough powers to me." She smirked.

So she's testing my patience, huh. If she thought she can hurt me by saying that then she's wrong. Gotcha, bitch.

"And I'm impressed, Becky. But please be reminded that there's no permanent thing in the world." I smiled and picked up the knife again to rectify my mistake. I took another carrot to slice then, I looked up at the scowling parrot in front of me and added, "but change."

"If you think Nana will like you then you're insane. She will never ever ever like a woman of your kind for her grandsons. You didn't even know how to brew her tea properly. So I suggest, go back to where you came from princess, because the last thing this family needs is a promiscuous woman like you." She snapped and circled around the counter to stand beside me. She's a bit taller than me so I had to look up at her.

I raised my chin and smiled sweetly at her and played a little of her hair.

"Well honey, I appreciate your concern but how can I go back when Niccolo himself is the one who's dragging me here. Besides he likes how I warm his bed every night. You should hear him call my name whenever I give to him what he wanted. The way I started from his mouth then down to his chin, to his chest then to his sexy abs, and finally to his---"