Chapter 43

Olivia North

It's been three days since dad got a heart attack. Three days of me trying to let the situation sink in to me. Zac, Nick, and dad forced me to go home and take a rest last night. Nick was actually the one who drove me home while Zac stayed with dad. Now I am on my way to the hospital to visit dad.

The day dad got conscious was when Zac got home from India. When he woke up, he was surprised and mad to see me. At first he was just making an excuse as to why he got admitted in the hospital but when I told him that I knew about his heart problem, he got apeshit mad. He called uncle Eriq, his doctor and friend, to reprimand him and remind him about patient and doctor confidentiality.

He told me that I wasn't supposed to know that he's sick, he tried to throw me outside the room but I stood my ground and told him that I wasn't going to leave him. Then that's when he calmed down.

After that ruckus, I didn't talk to him about his illness but I did asked and convinced him to undergo angioplasty. He just told me that it's up to him if he's going to treat himself or not.

Just like the last years we are in a not talking arrangement but it's his turn to ignore me. I admit, it wasn't easy for me to put up with Dad when he's being this difficult but I wont back down, at the end of the day, I will get to convince him to undergo treatment. And this I promise to myself and mom.

On my way to the hospital, I went to the manor and have Lorna cook chicken noodle soup for dad. Uncle Eriq told her what kinds of food and how much salt has to be in dad's food that's why I asked her to prepare food for dad.

After parking my car, I saw Nick's black Volvo xc90 parked at the parking lot. I didn't know that he's going to visit dad today but I guess he wanted to see dad first before he go to work. I smiled at the car and thought that he really is close to my dad, that he treats my dad as his dad and vice versa and I am grateful for it.

I was going to open dad's room when I heard dad shouted my name angrily.
I opened the door quietly to eavesdrop because I think there's something I needed to know and it's been bugging me ever since I knew that dad got a heart attack.

"What now, Zachary and Niccolo? Olivia now knows about my condition. I told you two to not let her know about this! That's the only thing I asked of you and yet this one simple heart attack she knew! What now, huh? What now!" Dad's voice boomed all around the room. I gasped silently and closed my mouth with my palm.

What? They knew about his condition? Since when? And he doesn't want me to know?

"You Niccolo, you were here when Olivia talked to Eriq, why didn't you do something to prevent her talking to him? And you Zac, you should've called Eriq first and tell him to lie to Olivia. Was it so hard to do? And Lorna, I told him to call any of you when this happen again but she called her instead. Are you all defying me?" Dad asked.

I couldn't believe it, dad wanted to keep it a secret from me and it appears that I was the only one who he kept in the dark. Everyone knew about his heart problem but me.

"Dad, it's time for Livy to know your illness, we cannot kept it a secret for her anymore. She had to know." Zac sighed.

"I do believe so, Tony. Olivia has the right to know and it's hard for me to tell Dr. Stuart to lie to Livy when she's crying not knowing what happened to you. She needs to know Tony, besides it's been a year and a half, you're heart is deteriorating, you need to undergo angioplasty." Nick seconded.

"I've told you before and I will tell it to you again, it's not you and you, or anyone's business if I am going to take treatment or not. Just do what you two are told, take care of Olivia. That's it!" He said with finality. I couldn't take it anymore so I spoke and entered the room.