Chapter 65

Olivia North

"That was his favorite toy, you know." Esme spoke as she entered Dylan's room. She's referring to the brown stuffed rabbit I was currently holding. 

She sat beside me and continued.

"We bought him that while we were at the park. I can clearly remember how happy he was when we gave him that rabbit. Since then, he would always bring that anywhere." She chuckled softly. I remembered that he would always hold this stuffed rabbit.

"But when you gave him the stuffed Hippo, he instantly forgot about this and made the Hippo his favorite." I smiled at her sadly.

"I'm sorry if---"

"No, don't be. We're actually happy that it was replaced by Hippo. The one that you gave to him." She held my hand and continued.

"You know Olivia, when we heard from the news that Niccolo's dating the North heiress, at first we didn't like it because of the news circulating about you. But when I saw a picture of you carrying Dylan while feeding him strawberries with your white business clothes and not caring for the stains. That's when I knew that you're far from the North heiress the media talks about."

"You see, you made my boys happy. You filled the need Niccolo has been denying since he had Dylan, a good partner and a mother for his son. They're lucky to have you in their lives, Olivia." I shook my head immediately.

"No, Esme. I am the lucky one because I have them in my life. Nick and Dylan gave to me what I thought I will never, ever get to experience, that is genuine and unconditional love. They treat me as Olivia not as the daughter of a billionaire."

"However, what they got was a complete fail when it comes to house chores." I chuckled when I said it to her quietly.

She sighed.

"And so? Nick's there to do everything. I taught him how, you know. And if you want to learn, I am just a call away. Also, you're doing a great job being a mother and partner to them." She said and a lone tear escaped from my eye.

She wiped my tear and another one fell until it was uncontrollably streaming down my face.

"I'm worried about my son, Esme. It's been 12 hours since he was kidnapped by that woman." I choked.

"I know. We can only hope that he's fine while their looking for them." She held my face and leaned it on her chest in a motherly gesture then caressed my hair gently. I remember how my mom used to do that whenever she would comfort me.

"This is all my fault, it's because of me, I put my son's life in danger." I cried onto her.

"Shh. It's not your fault and nothing's going to happen to Dylan. Nick and your brother are doing their best to find him, so stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault." She comforted me but it wasn't enough to give me comfort knowing that Dylan's been compromised because of me.

If anything happens to him, I don't think I can forgive myself.

We were in that position for like five minutes when Tessa entered the room panting.

"Mom, Olivia, they've located Cassandra." I immediately stood up and ran downstairs to Nick's drawing room where we all huddled up since yesterday.

When I entered the room, I saw Nick talking on his phone. I went straight up to him and held his arm, he looked at me and smiled.

"Okay. Just make sure that my son's safe. Tell your men to not leave him alone." He said to the person he's talking to.

"Can we talk to my baby?" I asked Nick desperately and he looked at me sadly.