Chapter 47

Niccolo Knights

I was sitting alone at the patio with a beer on my hand. As expected, the party was going well. The kids and the adults were having fun especially Dylan. I am so grateful that Livy organized this birthday party for him even though she was stressing in the process.

Seeing her how hands-on of a mother she is, made me fall in love with her even more.

I shifted my gaze to Olivia and smiled when I saw her laughing at what Jowee's telling them, her eyes sparkles whenever she's happy and laughing. Even when she laughing out loud, she was still as graceful and sophisticated as the heiress she is.

I love how she looked so tough, confident, and intimidating when you first see her but when she let you in, you will see that she's completely and utterly different person. She's such a tender, sweet, loving, caring and the list goes on...

"Needed some solitude?" I heard Zac's voice and smiled at him. He gestured if he can sit with me and I nodded.

"So, what are you doing here alone? Tired of all the fun?" He asked as he sipped the beer he's holding.

I chuckled and sighed.

"Nope. I was just thinking about how we celebrated Dylan's first 2 birthdays. It was mom, Jesse, and Tessa who always planned for his birthday, I was just there to pay for everything." I paused and leaned back on the outdoor couch.

"This year was a complete opposite. Your sister wanted to include me in the preparations such as caterer and bakeshop hopping, buying a piece of costume for everyone, designing the invitation card, it's just everything that you see in this party, I took part in deciding." I snorted and looked at Zac.

"I actually enjoyed it even though I was the receiving end of your sister's stress." I chuckled and continued. "You know how much I tried to endure Olivia's hits? Such a small violent woman." We both laughed at my last statement.

I took a deep breathe and spoke again.

"Your sister completes me, man. She's made parenting easier for me, she unknowingly puts color in my dull and boring life. Cliché it may sound but whenever she's smiling and laughing, it makes happy." I stared at Olivia who's currently feeding Dylan and I smiled even more. Moments like that is what I cherish the most.

I faced Zac and he was also smiling while hey looking at his sister.

"You know, Zachary. When I saw how broken Olivia was when she knew Tony's illness, it broke my heart. The way she clung on to me when she cried, her being so fragile at that time, and her cries. That was the first time I saw her vulnerability and that's when I promised myself that I will do everything in my life to see her smiles and being happy. And if something or someone made her cry, I will be the one to take care of it." I told him sincerely.

He was just looking at me and didn't react but I know that he was assessing me if I was being honest or what. Then, after a minute, he spoke in all seriousness.

"And if it was you?" Zac asked looking straight in my eyes.

I admit, I was caught off guard by his question but I immediately composed myself. I guess it's time for him to know what I feel for his sister.

"Zac, I love Olivia. For the little time that we have spent together, I have fallen in love with her. At first I thought that this won't work out but when I decided to get to know her, I saw what kind of a person she really is. She treats Dylan as her own and loves him unconditionally. She tries her best to win my family's heart even though she didn't need to." i paused and took a deep breathe.