Chapter 12

Olivia North

I woke up from the smell of something being cooked. i willed to open my eyes and get up from the bed. as i have opened my eyes and readied it be adjusted from the brightness, my phone rang. i quickly opened my eyes to look for my phone somewhere around my room until i noticed that I wasnt in my apartment. oh yeah right, i am in Zac's apartment. last night, i decided to go to here to tell him about the presscon that dad was planning. he comforted me and offered me to stay for the night and cooked me my favorite spaghetti with meatballs. Unlike me, Zac knows how to cook, he was taught by mom because she said that we need to learn how to cook to survive on our own.

i decided to go out of my room and head towards my brother's kitchen. there i saw him flipping the steak from the pan. i went to his fridge to take a bottle of water to drink. he looked at me weirdly and continued cooking.

"I know what youre thinking, Zac, that youre sister is so beautiful even when she just woke up." i said to him and placed myself on one of his kitchen stools.

Zac snorted and said, "You know what, Nick is right, you really think highly of yourself." he joked.

"not funny, zac. please dont spoil my mood, i woke up in a very good mood today" i pouted and furrowed my brows.

he chuckled, he put the steak in front of me and proceeded to ruffle my hair. i patted his hand and commented, "you know, i really really love your cooking but seriously, steak in the morning?"

"it's already 6 in the evening, idiot."

i gasped and checked the clock hung on his wall. it really is 6 in the evening. i slept half of day? i thought.

"Yes, you slept half of the day." my brother affirmed.

"what? did i say it out loud?" i asked in horror.

"no you didnt but i knew that was what you were thinking. now, eat you piglet." he teased and started digging.

"call me that again and i will stab you with a fork." i threatened him and started eating.

"No need to be violent, piggy." he teased again and I smacked his arm. He laughed.

"You know, I have the right to be violent to you because of what you've been doing to me at the office. You give me your meetings, you give me short notices to draft a proposal, cover letters, and what not." I complained while stuffing myself with a piece of steak.

He chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"That's how I train you, my dear sister."

"Exactly, I am your sister. Be nice a little, you moron." I replied.

"I can't promise that I'll be nice." he told me as we resumed eating.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Seriously, Livy, Niccolo is a good man. i've known him since he was an intern in our company." Zac said.

currently, we are sitting on his floor while playing snakes and ladders on his coffee table. Childish but timeless, and this is one of our favorite board games to play.

"So he was an intern in our company?" i raised my brows.

"yup, and after he graduated, he worked in our company for 3 years. after that, he resigned and started building his company."he explained and rolled the dice.

"were you two close? or was he close to dad?" i inquired while he's busy counting the square.

"yup, until now. you see, he is a very good man. Responsible, respectful, and most importantly, a good father to Dylan." he said while tossing me the dice. i rolled the dice and counted the box, oh my god, i landed at the mouth of the longest snake.