Take Down Danzō Pt.1

A tired sigh escaped a certain Nara's mouth as he put away yet another giant stack of paperwork. By this time, a Hokage should've been appointed and they could be stuck with the horrid paperwork that he had to be doing. The village still had to be run without a Hokage with people trying to get loans from the treasury, people looking to buy homes and businesses, reading mission reports and stamping it, and many more. It was a busy job that would usual require a Hokage to stay the night and finish which was the exact reason Shikaku would never want to be Hokage and why he fully understood why Jiraiya and Obito didn't either.

His head landed on the wooden desk with a thud as Shikaku let his neck rest. He had been doing paperwork for hours on end and he didn't know if he could anymore. He resolved to find someone capable to get the position so he could go back to relaxing. He missed going home to his wife even though she nagged the hell out of him. He was sure he rather hear that then doing paperwork. She had a nice side at night that he thoroughly enjoyed.

Three knocks at the door take his attention, causing him to look up to regard it.

"Come in." He called out.

He was slightly surprised to see Kakashi walk in with a note in hand and an individual tied up on the floor. Kakashi feels the ANBU hidden in the room shift a bit but do nothing. He knows their looking to see if the body will move or not.

"Kakashi, what's going on?"

"Shikaku-san." Kakashi nodded before he started explaining. "A group of people dressed like this," he gestured to the unconscious person tied up, "attacked me and tried to take away my Kūrgan. I defeated them and tried to interrogate them but they wouldn't talk about who sent them. The rest are tied up outside and I have my Ninken watching their every move."

"Scorpion, Tiger." Shikaku called out after listening and digesting the information. Two of the ANBU in the room dropped down and bowed in front of the Hokage's desk.

"Shikaku-sama."

"I need you both to go and wake up both Inoichi Yamanaka and Ibiki Morino and lead them to the Konoha Intelligence Division. Tell them it's urgent." He ordered.

Both ANBU nodded and made swift exits. "That's not all I have to report, however." Kakashi said as he held up a piece of folded paper and handed it to Shikaku. While Shikaku red through it Kakashi made a Shadow Clone and tasked it with leading his Ninken to the Interrogation Division and drop of the masked Ninja when Ibiki and Inoichi arrived.

"He's planning something." Kakashi said, seeing the scowl that appeared on Shikaku's face before he slammed the paper down on the wooden desk. His mind wondered to why Danzō would want to call the Daimyō back to the village. He must be wanting to appeal to him in some way to become the Hokage. What could that way be; Shikaku had no idea. But he knew Danzō had something planned, and whatever that was needed to be stopped.

"Thanks for the information, Kakashi. Keep this between me and you. I'll inform trusted people in the morning." Shikaku said. He wanted a night to think over what he was going to do.

Kakashi nodded and left after saying goodnight leaving Shikaku to his thinking. He stayed in the Office for a couple of minutes before packing his things to get going. He didn't think of much but knew he could by the time morning came around. Danzō was such a snake.

XxX
Obito's POV

Obito was taking his time walking through the village. He knew he had things to do like look through the Uchiha Registry and go back to Yagura and tell him that he found out who was controlling him. Withholding the information could bring trouble if Yagura thought he was doing it because of the Leaf.