Konoha Retrieval Pt.4

Silence had been the norm for Obito's Residence even before the future Team 7 had joined the house. But now it felt even more so. The three had gone into their separate rooms and had yet to make even the slightest noise, which would be surprising considering their profession but Obito knew it was deeper than that. He wasn't the most talkative person but he knew something was off between the three. Especially when he knew how much they trusted each other in battle.

"They're rather quiet, husband." His wife said walking into the living room. "I thought kids their age would be much louder."

"Yea," Obito agreed with a slight nod, a little too deep in thought but able to hear her still. "I suppose they've seen a bit too much during their time as Shinobi."

All of a sudden, his wife froze. "If they are from the future as you've told me, wouldn't it be better for your friends and the Hokage? If something bad happens it would be better to fix it."

"There's no need." He responded coolly. "I'm handling this problem. And besides, messing with time even more than we are now could be dangerous, especially if something were to happen that no one would be able to stop. The best way to avoid that is to let the kids sit still until I kill Urashiki and send them back home."

She nodded." Of course Husband. Whatever you wish." He knew more about the topic than she did and was one of the most powerful ninja the village had ever produced. He seemed to know what he was talking about anyway.

"I hate to put this burden on you, but I need you to keep an eye on them."

"You're leaving?" She asked, turning to him.

"I have a meeting to attend. I'll be back later today." He said, pushing off the wall he had been leaning on.

"Oh, ok. Be safe." She said after a small bit of pause. Obito's mind had recalled what his sister had said about him not even trying to form any kind of connection and he gave a sigh. He didn't want to do this but being in a relationship with him hadn't given Yukina any room to be happy unless she found solace in the fact that he was never around, which he didn't even know. He could admit that he didn't know anything about his wife other than her name and family and everything that she had told him he had forgotten, too busy with trying to figure out everything that was going on with the Akatsuki and Black Zetsu. And the last time they went somewhere together was after they had first gotten married. Which they had spent the day together but had met up with Izumi and Itachi and it had been more of a group thing than just the two of them.

Embarrassed with his cheeks beginning to redden a small bit, Obito turned away from her. "When I get back... I'd like to take you on a date. If you're ok with it." Embarrassment reaching the breaking point, Obito gritted his teeth.

'This is stupid. I never should have entertained that damn girl.' He thought swearing vengeance at Yukina's little sister. He'd never go through with something like this again. It was just too damn embarrassing.

Yukina was oblivious to her husband's embarrassment. "I'd love that." She replied with a smile. Obito held back the sigh in relief and left without another word. Before all that, he had things to do.

XxX

Appearing out of a spiraling void, Obito looked around to find himself on top of a high tree. In the distance, he could see the Hidden Mist Village and slipped his hood on from the slight rain that watered the area. He leaped down onto the cold ground, ignoring the mud that stuck to his Shinobi sandals and walked to the village at pace.

Before he dealt with Urashiki he needed more information on who exactly was running the Akatsuki and their full plan. Who knew they were collecting the Bijuu but he suspected that they had something even bigger planned. It would make sense if Black Zetsu came to the past as well.