Konoha Retrieval Pt.1

"If we're going to proceed forward we'll need to talk." It was Shikamaru who had spoken. He was mission leader because of his status as a Chunin. He had to stop because he knew most members of the team were thinking about whatever just happened before they stepped out of the Village.

"We're all want to know what the hell that shaking was about but we have to worry about our own mission. We're going up against Orochimaru's lackeys and he himself could appear for all we know."

Before some of the more hotheaded teammates said anything Neji cut in coolly. "I agree. We have to believe that our Village's higher ups will handle it. Orochimaru is a Sannin; we have to be ready for anything."

"But did you feel that thing?!" Ino asked incredulously. "It was like an explosion went off!"

"I'm sure we all felt it." Shino said sounding like his usual self but Ino heard it as if he was being sarcastic. She seethed at him. "We were there after all."

"Shut it, bug butt!" She yelled angrily and Shino only raised an eyebrow.

"I don't like agreeing with Ino but she does have a point." Kiba said, his pup yipping in agreement as well. "That felt crazy. Smelled weird too." It had been irritating his noise ever since it hit. Something was very off about it and he couldn't shake that feeling for the life of him.

"What's does that mean?!"

"Well, we have to do what Shikamaru says anyway. He's a rank above us and the mission leader." Sakura said with a light shrug. She was a natural a chakra control and while she hadn't felt the effects as strongly as Kiba, they were strong in there own way. Especially for her.

Uncharacteristically, Naruto had been very quiet. He felt something from that shockwave and he was sure the Nine Tails did as well. He was being fed chakra from the Beast even though it had said that his little body wouldn't be able to handle that. He had to think it was because of the impact.

Was it protecting him?

"Is that the only reason we stopped?" Tenten asked. "We're already very behind on finding the people who captured Sasuke and Rin Nohara. We should keep moving."

"Agreed." Shino said and Shikamaru nodded.

"Let's go, and make sure to stay in formation." The Nara had made use of their large number and abilities. He had Neji in the very back to keep watch. Upwards in the formation were Choji in front of Neji with Shino to his side. In front of them were Naruto who was in the middle between Hinata who was in front of him, Tenten who was to his right, and Ino to his left. All of them were the ones that could react because of their wide scale attacks and Ino's special one. In front of that group was Sakura who would relay messages to Kiba their tracker from the front with Shikamaru behind him.

Basically the order was Kiba, Shikamaru, Sakura, Hinata, Naruto, Tenten, Ino, Choji, Shino, then Neji.

The formation was perfect.

XxX

'Summoning Jutsu!'

With a puff of smoke, a normal-sized owl appeared on Obito's shoulder.

It blinked at him. "Something you needed or you just called me for the hell of it?" It asked in sarcasm.

"Yea open your mouth." Obito replied holding up a scroll. This was one of his more mouthy summons. When the summon did as told Obito non too gently shoved the scroll in his mouth and watched with amusement as it sent him a glare. "Bring that to the princess of the Frost Village."

The summon spit out the scroll and it rolled away slightly. "Couldn't you have called someone else? I have a cold ya' know."

"You're the best at traveling in harsh conditions and you know how cold the Frost is." The summon didn't budge. "I'll give you a treat," Obito said in a deadpan.