Search for The New Hokage pt 2

Naruto watched as Shizune was still healing Sasuke. She had told him that he had been poisoned and before he could worry told him that Sasuke, somehow, had some small immunity to poison though, it still affected him.

"And done." Shizune smiled at her work as she cut off the chakra from her technique.

"Is he healed now?" Naruto asked as Shizune turned to him.

"Yes." She answered before turning back to Sasuke as he groaned. "He should be waking up now." Just after she said that the Uchiha silently opened his eyes, blinking a couple of times due to the sunlight.

"Hey, idiot." The Uchiha called out. "Is that you?"

"I'm not an idiot!" Naruto yelled angrily before crossing his arms. "That's the first thing you say to the person that saved you," Naruto muttered.

Sasuke rolled his eyes as he sat up. He was about to retort when the ground shook violently, almost causing him to fall over. Naruto wobbled like an idiot, his voice changing from it. Shizune, on the other hand, was still as one could be glaring in the direction she thought it was coming from.

When it stopped she turned to them. "Come on, boys. We have to head out to help." As everyone got up Sasuke called out for them to stop.

"Did any of you see an Akatsuki member? He was the one I was fighting." Sasuke said when the two stopped and looked back at him.

Shizune shook her head. "No. I had been watching Naruto train and helped when he was attacked by Orochimaru's right-hand man."

"Orochimaru?" Sasuke put a hand to his chin. "I've heard that name before. He was the one who gave me this curse seal." He pulled down his collar and turned his neck so the two could get a better look at it. The other two looked at it, Naruto did because he never got a good look at it, and Shizune because it was by Orochimaru and she was worried about what was it for.

"Anyway," she stepped back as Sasuke turned back to the two normally. "You said this Akatsuki were the ones to attack you. Any reason why?"

Sasuke nodded. "Yes." He turned to Naruto who had a rather relaxed stance despite the situation. "They were after you, Naruto."

Naruto gaped as his stance fell from its relaxed state. "Huh?! Why would they be after me?"

"Beats me," Sasuke answered with a small shrug. "All I know is that it's important since they were aiming to make me talk and fight your perverted teacher."

Naruto and Shizune thought about the new information that they'd just received. "Sasuke you said you saw them fighting, right? Take me to Pervy Sage. I don't want him to die because of me."

Before Sasuke could answer Shizune spoke up. "No Naruto. They're after you and we'll be making it a lot easier for them to get you if we bring you to them."

"I have to go! They'll come for me eventually and if they don't catch me on a mission like this then they'll come to Konoha where everyone will be put at risk. We have to defeat the here and now!" Naruto argued.

"I see your point," Shizune told him. "But even then, this doesn't require you to come along. You should hide somewhere while the rest of us take care of it."

Before Naruto could retort Sasuke stepped in. "That's not smart," Sasuke told her.

"How come?"

"You said that with the addition of those Akatsuki members, Orochimaru and his right-hand man are here as well. Without Naruto, we're at a major disadvantage. All there is right now, excluding Naruto, would be you, the perv, and I vs two Akatsuki members and Orochimaru with his right-hand man. I'm likely no match for either of them and with a little less than half my chakra, I won't be doing much. So that'll just leave you and the perv." Sasuke explained.