Konoha Retrieval Pt.2

Four figures stepped from a spiraling void, looking at their surroundings as it disappeared just as quickly as it appeared.

"We're here." Stated Obito, leading the hooded group through the village. He had decided to teleport the teens inside the village once Sarada's chakra had calmed down enough for her to mask it. He also had her put her bangs down to cover the Rinnegan if she didn't want her left eye closed all the time.

He stared forward into space, his feet going where he would hide them out. He didn't know how he would talk to Sarada. He knew hatred and despair lurked in her heart when he first saw her but after Sasuke's body was burned by the Amaterasu it elevated to new levels. She had more of it then even he did. But what he couldn't figure out was what was keeping her from snapping. What was keeping her mind in check? Was it her two teammates? It had to be. Even he felt it. The bond between the three keeping her in line.

That was difference he supposed. While he had no one to take him away from his hatred when he first stumbled on his path to Hokage; she did. She had two teammates that would be there for her through hardship and peace. That was the type of bond Obito longed for.

No, he had to stop that. Someone like him didn't deserve such a thing. That bond; a bond of understanding and trust was something he just couldn't have. Some would say that he had people all around him who would support him but he wasn't naive. He knew that if they knew what he did they would banish him and he would be all alone,

He felt guilty. He was lying to Kakashi, to Rin, to everyone. But he couldn't tell them the truth. He didn't want to be alone. Not even Naruto would except his actions.

So how could he talk the Uchiha on the edge of hatred back onto the right path?

He could no longer think as his feet carried him to his house. He closed his eyes briefly to calm himself.

"You'll be staying here at my house until I deal with Urashiki." Obito said turning to face them as he dug in his pockets for his house key.

Boruto still didn't like the idea one bit. His face showed as much. "I still don't understand why we can't help. You don't even have any information on his abilities."

Obito dismissed him. "I'll manage. I don't need any help doing anything. Just stay hidden and sit still."

"But what if you die!" Boruto was getting a bit angry. This guy was being unreasonable. "You saw how strong we are! We can still help."

"My answer is no and it's final." Obito said firmly. "You have to be sent to your future where you have deal with even more threats. Save your strength for then."

"And what if go anyway?" Boruto challenged but Obito didn't budge.

He was stubborn just like Naruto. This was his son no doubt. "I'll restrain you if necessary." A tension began building as the two Shinobi stared each other dead in the eyes, neither backing down from what they believed to be correct.

"...Husband?" A soft voice said in confusion. Obito turned to the doorway to see his wife giving both a surprised and confused expression. "You're ok." She sounded very relieved.

"I'm fine." He responded lowly before clearing his throat and gesturing to the teens behind him. "These three are going to be staying with us until I get back. Do you mind watching them?"

She replied instantly with a small nod. "Of course not. They are welcomed if you want them to be."

Even after all these years she still said the same things. Habits were hard to break it seemed.

"Go and make yourselves at home." Obito said turning to the three teens. "We have free rooms upstairs that you could use until you leave. Use them."