Time Skip

Obito looked at his reflection in the mirror after getting up and taking a shower. It had been a year since he'd stolen Madara's chakra but he still didn't have the Rinnegan. He also had mastery over his Mangekyō but his Susanoo was the most complete he could make it for now. It had full armor and some new techniques but that was it for its development. Well at least for now.

Shisui unlocked his Sharingan at one of his first missions in the war. The war was still going on although thanks to our mission to the Kannabi Bridge steadily turned the war in Konoha's favor. Obito was given a field promotion 6 months earlier that made him a Jounin as well. And he started to train in seals about 4 months ago with Minato and Kushina when they weren't busy. So all in all Obito was happy and content but still kept an eye on Danzo and Mountains' Graveyard when he had the chance. He couldn't, however, keep hold of where Orochimaru was but it wasn't too big of a loss.

Obito smelled the fresh spring air as he walked out of his apartment closing and locking his door behind him. The village knew of Obito's prowess and some of his abilities. Only the Uchiha clan and Danzō knew of his Mangekyō. Although he had no proof that Danzo knew but he'd trust that he'd find out someway.

Minato wasn't the Hokage yet but Obito knew it was a little after the war so he wasn't worried. Obito walked down the street as he relaxed. He didn't worry about anything as the war was about to end and it made him relieved as it meant less death.

Obito turned around as he felt his teammates' chakra heading to his house. He'd been extra late today and he was walking slowly to try and figure out an excuse. As the two passed Kakashi happened to turn to look up the street causing him to see the Uchiha.

"Hey, where the hell was you?! You're late again and it's getting old!" Kakashi yelled. Kakashi and Obito were best friends even though Kakashi would never say it. But Kakashi was the first one that congratulated Obito for becoming Jounin so Obito knew how he felt.

"Well, I'm sorry," Obito said as he put his hands over his head and crossed them. "I'm sure it isn't that big of a deal. I'm only a couple of minutes late."

Kakashi's eye twitched as he heard those words come out of his teammate's mouth. "Try a couple of hours. You're always late and it's annoying everyone."

I smiled and turned to Rin who was beside Kakashi. "Rin isn't annoyed right?"

She looked anywhere but Obito as she fidgeted. "Um....well...you." She stuttered before stopping and pointed at Obito. "Don't put me in your guy's fight." While Obito just smiled.

"Well, it seems to me that your all late." A voice on the side of Team 7.

Minato smiled as he came up to his team. "He's the only one that's late," Kakashi said pointing at Obito.

"Well, no one was at the training grounds when I got there. That makes you all... late." Minato pointed out.

Kakashi scoffed but didn't say anything while Obito and Rin laughed.

"Ok, you guys the Hokage is giving you guys a mission," Minato said getting his students' full attention.

"You won't come with us Sensei?" Rin asked curiously looking at their Sensei. Even though Obito and Kakashi were Jounin after the Kannabi Bridge they never did a mission without Minato.

"No, the Hokage wanted to test Obito and Kakashi leadership skills by making them co-leaders of this mission," Minato explained.

"Why would we need two leaders if it's just gonna be us three?" Kakashi asked.

"Well, this is a co-op mission with Team Chōza," Minato said as Kakashi went wide-eyed at the news.

"You're telling me I have to go on a mission with a guy?! There has to be another team! Any other team would be fine!" He complained. It wasn't that he hated the guy it was more so that guy was annoying with his challenges he insisted on every time he saw Kakashi. He already had to deal with one idiot and now he'd had to deal with two for several days.