Changes

Obito walked through the village gates at 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning. He wasn't really sure about the time. He turned to where Izumo and Kotetsu would be sitting, inwardly wondering if they awoke.

"Heh, figures they wouldn't awake." Obito shook his head, chuckling slightly before continuing his walk.

Obito had always been in thought when he walked through the village. He somehow admired it's beauty even though he'd seen it so many times. He looked around, taking in the silent environment around him. It was truly peaceful.

As he reached the Hokage's Office he looked up to see if the Kage was awoken. Obito knew he was inside since he could feel his Chakra. And the light was on but he was still an old man so Obito wouldn't be surprised if he didn't awake.

Obito knocked on the door expecting to hear nothing from the other side but was surprised to hear a "come in". Opening the door and closing it behind him, he took it upon himself to inspect the old man taking in his features. Bags under his eyes with his eyes slightly red. He was yawning every second.

"I think you should go to bed, Hokage-Sama," Obito suggested, handing in his report. He hoped the older man would take his advice. "You won't be able to run the village like this."

"I'm fine. I have a lot of paperwork these days is all. It'll go back to its regular proportion soon." Hokage responded rubbing his eyes and stifling a yawn.

Obito looked down at the paperwork the Hokage had, slightly frowning at some mistakes shown. He decided to pick up the worst one he saw. He held it up to show the Kage his error. "You assigned a Chunin squad an S-Rank mission."

The Hokage frowned slightly, putting his head in his hands with a sigh. "How could I make such a mistake?" He asked himself in a tired and small voice—the exact opposite you would expect a Kage's voice to be.

"Because you're tired. I think you should go get some rest." Obito offered again, thinking how important the paperwork was.

"I would but all this needs to be confirmed by tomorrow," Hiruzen said, getting back into work mode. He grabbed his mug drinking coffee. As he set it down Obito lightly frowned at it but decided not to say anything.

"Then how about I do it for you." Obito offered once again, surprising Hiruzen. Obito knew it wouldn't be that hard, he'd done tougher things.

"Really?" Hiruzen asked unsure to even take the offer. Obito nodded, going around to the side of his desk. He wouldn't be tired with the Senju cells in him so he'd be able to get it done. Hiruzen sighed softly, getting up slowly from his seat. "Well, I suppose I'll give the idea a try."

He put his hand on Obito's shoulder. "I trust you." Then he turned to walk out of the door. And before closing it behind him he looked back once more. "I'll check your work in the morning."

"Well, this isn't how I pictured this night going." He remarked after the Hokage left, taking a seat in the chair. It made him feel like he was the Hokage for some reason. Maybe a part of him still urged to be Hokage but Obito has repressed any of those thoughts and emotions. He only thought that they'd get in the way of what he was sent here to do. And plus he didn't deserve the Hokage position, not with everything he'd done. He honestly believed that Sasuke was more fit for the position despite what he'd done himself. He rid himself of any of these thoughts and started on the paperwork in front of him, unaware of a smiling Hiruzen—watching him with his crystal ball.

X.X.X

Shisui was known around the world as many things. One of the few Uchihas left. Shisui of Teleportation. Shisui of the Sharingan. But he never let any of that get to him. He wasn't one to parade his power or berate others just because he was stronger than them. He even took after Obito and helped the elderly anytime he wasn't busy.