Prelude To The Start Of Naruto II

Obito had always kept tabs around the village but he always was watching a certain 11-year-old. He knew that things would start to happen after the boy had graduated and he didn't instigate things like that, not wanting to mess up the timeline. He knew the boy would turn 12 this year and graduate early next year so he'd like to interact with him at least once.

So that what he was on his way to do now. He already knew Naruto was at ichiraku right now and he'd guess that buying him ramen would be a good idea. And on the plus side, it wasn't even his money since his friends had to buy him free food for a month.

Arriving at the small stand, he pulled up the curtain to see a young boy almost finish eating his food. He would've smiled if he didn't get memories of something similar to this situation. He'd seen how if Naruto was in here then people who came in would leave and wait until the boy was gone or just go away altogether and not come back.

The only person that was nice to the kid was his teacher named Iruka and the father and daughter of the ramen stand. It was the Hokage too but he was always busy and Naruto couldn't hang around him as much. Also it was a doctor at the hospital who was nice to him. She was the only doctor that treated him.

Dismissing the memory, he came to the barstool and sat down as he ordered one miso ramen with extra pork before looking at the boy who was almost done but eating silently.

Obito decided to start the conversation. "Hey Kid," Obito called out gaining Naruto's attention. "Want an extra bowl?" He asked with a small smile.

Naruto's eyes seemed to brighten up as well as a large smile. "Really?! I can get one?!" He asked excitedly. It wasn't only having free ramen but also having someone else that was nice to him that made him happy.

"Of course kid. You can get as many as you want it's all on me." Obito told him as he looked down at the bowl that was placed in front of him. Naruto smiled before ordering 3 more bowls. He wanted more but was showing restraint as he wanted to keep this friend.

Just as Obito began to take a bite of his food he gave attention to the daughter of the restaurant owner as she asked, "Haven't I seen you somewhere?"

Looking up from his food to regard the waitress. "Yea, I come here with my team all the time."

"Ah, I see." She responded going back to her work.

When Naruto got his food he started to eat it before looking at the mister with a question on his mind. "Hey mister you're a ninja, right?"

"Yea I've been a ninja for a while," Obito answered as he grabbed his ninja headband.

"Woah, so does that mean your really strong," Naruto asked curiously.

"Well, I guess you could say that since I'm a Jounin but I don't think I'm that strong," Obito answered before slurping down more ramen.

" You're a Jounin! That means you have to be strong!" Naruto yelled excitedly. "Can you show me a Jutsu!? Please?!" Naruto begged.

"Sure, I guess." Obito agreed. "But just one." He said as Naruto nodded. 'Now what Jutsu should I show him.' Obito asked himself in thought. 'Maybe the Rasengan Jiraiya taught me? Naw too early. Maybe just a small wind style? Yea that should do it.'

He set down his chopsticks before using one hand and performing a single hand sign. "Wind Style: Ballet of Wind." He muttered as the wind suddenly picked up causing light objects to fly away and things like curtains to fly in the air.

But before things got too crazy he dispelled the Jutsu before grabbing his chopsticks. "WOW. You're strong mister! Can you teach me a Jutsu?!"

"I'll teach you another time but right now I think you should eat," Obito answered as Naruto looked at his ramen in delight. "Oh and my name Obito. Calling me mister would make it seem like I'm old.