Naruto Part 1 Finale: Hope For The Future

Rin found herself barely able to move forward. She felt both of their chakras raging in a battle so personal that she could practically feel their emotions through the air. She had no idea either of them was just this strong.

And she always prided herself on her ability to sense chakra but... she didn't sense this.

'I guess I didn't know them like I thought I did.' That thought out her in so much despair and shame that she tried rubbing her head to alleviate from such thoughts. She didn't want to believe that all they had been through as teammates was for nothing.

'There... there has to be some type of explanation. Something to explain all of this.' She didn't know what that was. All she did know was that she needed to see her teammates. She needed to see what had happened. What was the result of their battle?

'Please,' she mentally prayed as she was about to see them. 'Please don't let anyone have died. I-I don't know if I'll be able to handle any of that.'

She stumbled past a cluster of bushes and when she lifted her head, the sight before her caused her to begin to cry.

The two men were sitting up against a tree, talking and laughing as if they hadn't even been fighting in the first place. The only things giving it away were the battlefield, the clothes and injuries, and the fact that she had felt that they had been fighting prior to this.

"Rin..." Kakashi had been the first to notice her as she fell to her knees, desperately covering her face to keep the tears from showing.

She weeped as Obito and Kakashi shared a look before getting to their feet and sitting down beside their teammate. They both hugged her.

"You-you damn idiots..." she said in between tears. "I... why do you always have to fight..."

"We're sorry, Rin." Kakashi tried but the tears had kept falling.

It was silent after that. The only noise filling the clearing was her crying and the hard rain pelting the ground beneath them.

She wiped her face to try and stop the hot tears falling down her cheeks. Just seeing them all beat up from each other just made her cry for some reason. She just didn't like seeing it.

She sniffles and wipes her eye one last time as they release her she smiles sadly. "Sorry guys. I'm kinda embarrassed now." She chuckles a bit at the last part.

Kakashi's next move had both shocked and startled not only her but Obito as well. He softly grabbed her face and pulled down his mask to kiss her.

A pant went through Obito's chest when he saw it but he found he was smiling somehow. He felt that pain; that sudden emptiness at the kiss but he also felt happy.

Why? Why did he feel this way? He gripped his chest where his heart was, trying to understand the feelings going through him at the moment, but he understood nothing. Then, suddenly, a picture of his wife came into his mind and his heart began to calm. It was like that whole in his heart was finally filling away.

Tears began to fall from his eyes, blurring his vision. Tenderly but suddenly, he grabbed his teammates into a hug, inadvertently stopping their kiss but that didn't matter to them at the moment. The both grabbed onto Obito and one another for a Team Minato group hug.

Behind them, a phantom of their Sensei smiled all before fading away.

XxX

Itachi walked into his room, guiding his niece and gesturing her to sit beside him on the bed after he took a seat. She did silently, unable to look at him the entire time. Of course Itachi noticed it and decided to let her be for a small while so she would calm down. He could sense her increased heartbeat.