The past

Obito stared at the Sage for the longest time, completely silent. The question the Sage asked was that surprising. "Y-you can send people back in time?" It was a shock to him in all honesty.

"Yes," the Sage started. "But only once and just one person that is connected to me by chakra."

If that was true, then the Uchiha had one question. "Why are you choosing me for such a task? Itachi, Jiraiya, Nagato, maybe even Madara would be a better choice than someone like me. What about Naruto and his team? Any of them would be better than me at this."

"It's because you are directly responsible for most conflict between the third war and the fourth war." The Sage explained before his face changed to one that was unreadable. "And besides, you see the error of your philosophy and have changed to help Naruto and his team at the cost of your life."

"I would've been killed after the war regardless," Obito responded darkly with a chuckle. "Or put in prison for life."

The Sage nodded, knowing what he said was the truth. "Regardless of that, I'm giving you this opportunity to right your wrongs. Do you accept the deal?"

"Why are you giving it to me? Did Naruto and the rest fail to defeat Kaguya?" Obito probably knew the answer to his question but he didn't want to believe that Naruto, that Kakashi would fail in defeating Kaguya. He hoped the Sage would prove him wrong.

Sadly, that was no the case as the Sage confirmed his fears. "Yes, they've lost." His tone switched a bit solemn. "She overpowered them. I myself had trouble beating her." He added, knowing how he and his brother barely beat her.

Obito was silent as he looked down, his hands shaking and clenching into a tight fist. This was his fault. He helped unleash Kaguya and left the others to their death at their hands. Why did he have to be such a failure?

"Do you accept my offer? Will you go back and fix the past?"

Obito looked up after steeling his nerves, calming down. He looked to the Sage a reminiscent determined look on his face. He had to do this, now he had no choice. "I accept."

The Sage smiled slightly before getting down to business. "First thing is you should have access to all of your abilities you have now, accept for a few. One is Wood Style and Hashirama's Cells since you'll be in your old body. Also you won't have the Rinnegan but if you want them then you know how to gain them. The only advice I can give is to be careful and mindful of your decisions. Changing things can be difficult and could lead to disaster."

Obito nodded as the Sage approached him and placed a hand on him. "It's time to go.