Backlash

Obito was crouched low on a building overlooking a concession stand that Rin had stopped at. He had been following for a little over 10 minutes, trying to figure out how he would approach her. He thought it'd be pretty weird for him to just jump off the building and say "Hey Rin. I'm fine now." He knew it wouldn't work because it sounded stupid.

'Fuck this.' He thought. He jumped down just as she finished buying her treat.

"U-uh, Rin." He didn't know how to start but at least he said something to her.

She turned around, recognizing his voice. When she saw him her eyes softened. "Obito..."

She trailed off as well, not knowing what to say. They both stared at each other for what seemed a millennia, everything and everyone else fading away. That was broken when she reached out to him, gently grabbing ahold of his hand and staring into his eyes.

Somehow, someway he was able to put on a poker face. It was an attempt to hide what he was feeling, something he would probably have to do the longer he remained here. It was his only defense against the intensity of Rin's deep brown eyes, the only thing keeping his from hugging her and telling her he was sorry for what he did.

He might just have to stop looking his team in his eyes for a while. He didn't know if his poker face was working but he really wished he had a mask right about now. They did really well in hiding his emotion, especially the ones that appeared in his eyes.

Rin poked him in the nose and he blinked, confused.

"Don't do that." She commanded with a mixture of a frown and pout. It might've been cute if her voice wasn't so full of worry. "I know you're hiding what you feel from me. Please, Obito. Please tell me what's going on. We can help you."

Obito took her hands into his gently and looked down at the ground to avoid her gaze. Then he stepped back. "The only way to help me is to let me deal with this on my own." He shot her the best smile he could. "Please don't worry. Everything will go back to normal before you know it. You trust me right?"

"I do, but-"

"Then trust me on this." Obito interrupted. "I won't fail."

Rin didn't look convinced but said nothing more and mustered her own smile. "Ok, but I want to know about this if whatever is happening doesn't get better. Promise me that."

"I promise." Obito knew it would be the only way to for her to leave the situation alone. For now at the very least. It was all he needed though. Time.

XxX

'Kaguya, Kaguya, Kaguya," Minato muttered over and over as he searched books in the library. He had a Flying Thunder God seal placed practically everywhere in the village. One such place was the Shinobi library where he was searching for that name.

It was weird. The name itself just put him on edge. He didn't know why, but that didn't matter. The fact Obito talked about it with so much fear? Maybe sever caution? The blonde didn't know. But he'd have to find out who this was.

He pulled out another book, stacking it with four other books he had already picked up. This was most likely going to take a while but he could read fast. He had to find out whatever person could change Obito so drastically. What person by name alone could make even him tense up. He had to find out, no matter what.

XxX

'Please god let this be over.' Kakashi thought in exasperation as Kushina pulled him with an iron grip to just about every shop in the market district. She asked the same question over and over.

Did he want anything?

His answer was obvious to anyone who knew him and he was sure she knew he'd say no but she asked away. It wasn't like he was ungrateful or anything but he just wanted to be alone in his thoughts for a bit.