Take Down Danzō Pt.2

The Hospital of Konoha was a relatively quiet and relaxed place. A far cry from how chaotic it was from the attack during the Chunin Exams and the weeks that followed after. It had taken a considerable amount of effort from the leader of the hospital, Rin Nohara, to get it like this. It was estimated to take years to recover.

Speaking of Rin, she was currently in the middle of getting information on the battle injuries that a new patient of hers sustained. Turned out it had been Shisui who had been through a bit of surgery that was now healing while she was at home. She was surprised that they hadn't called her in to help and when she asked about it they told her she needed some rest.

'What type of fight was he in to sustain injuries like these?' She asked herself as she read off his injuries, walking to his room. Burnt and broken arm and ankle, severe chakra exhaustion, slight concussion, mild blood loss, and his chakra network were in shambles, to say the least. He certainly had a story to tell after all of this but what she wondered is who could do something like this to SHISUI? Not a lot of people.

"Itachi, you're here as well?" Rin asked as she walked into the room to see Itachi sitting on the chair besides Shisui's bed.

Itachi turned to her. "Yes, I am. Will I be in your way? I can step out until you leave."

She shook her head as she walked over to him. "No, you're fine. I heard in the report that you saved him so I was wondering who could've done something like this to him? He's one of the strongest Shinobi in the Village."

Itachi turned back to Shisui, hearing his light and steady breathing before he answered. "It was the Akatsuki. The organization after the Tailed Beast."

Rin's eyes widened in shook. They were after Tailed Beast? They must don't know ho dangerous one could be and now they were after all of them. "But Shisui has no Tailed Beast inside of him so how come they attacked?"

Itachi closed his eyes, going over the conversation he had with Shisui just after the battle. "He told me that he found a base of theirs. One that harbored S-Class secrets that I need to tell Shikaku before I tell anyone else. I don't know if we have any listeners." His eyes briefly looked out the window, his body tensing up as if he was waiting for an enemy to spring through. For some reason, he had fr that their conversation was being listened to by someone.

"Must be important then." Rin mumbled as she went to check Shisui's vitals on the heart monitor as well as the other machines present. "Izumi will definitely scold him when he wakes up." She chuckled a bit as light from the sun first started to show. It seemed like day time was starting.

Sighing, the soon-to-be Leader of the Uchiha stood up and headed for the door. "This information needs to get to the Hokage. If we plan to attack this hideout with the Hokage's orders then you will most likely be informed since you're a Jounin."

Rin nodded, content with the answer. "Ok, make sure you get to the Hokage's Office; I'll take care of Shisui, so don't worry."

"Thank you, Big Sis. I'll be careful as well." Saying that the Uchiha shut the door behind him quietly while Rin started her examination on Shisui.

As Itachi walked down the hallway, he wondered what was Danzō planning. The Uchiha hadn't liked him since the massacre but hadn't trusted him since he was a child. Obito had warned him to be careful around Danzō and now the elite Shinobi could see why. Whatever was being planned against Danzō; he hoped it would work.

His mind then drifted over to the conversation he had with Izumi just hours ago.

Flashback

Itachi was waiting in the lobby of the hospital, waiting to hear on Shisui's condition. He didn't know how long he had waited but hoped it wouldn't be much longer; he was worried. He knew first hand how strong Shisui was. Heck, he was stronger than him. He was worried just because of the fact that he didn't look good when he saved him, in fact, Itachi put him to sleep with Genjutsu so he could stop feeling the pain of his injuries. In his mind, he was hoping for it to not be really serious but realistically he knew that it it was most likely worse than what he thought.