Konoha Retrieval Pt.11(FINALE)

Obito probably didn't know how odd he looked standing motionless in the forest with his eyes closed. He had been thinking about his decision over and over since Naruto had ran off after Sasuke, and even now he still couldn't tell if he made the right decision or not.

Maybe he would never find out. That was frightening possibility and one that made him sick. He knew he had to save the world but he wanted to keep his morals in line. He needed something that would tell him how far was too far. It was the same when he was the leader of the Akatsuki, working toward the Infinite Tsukiyomi. He had no regard of his actions and truly believed that killing, torturing, or using people were all necessary evils that would eventually save the world.

He refused to go back to that.

"Hey."

A calm voice broke through his thoughts and he opened his eyes and turned to it. He was surprised to see a rather beaten up Neji who seemed like he had just been through a rather tough fight. Seemed he won though.

"Naruto and Sasuke went this way, right?"

Obito was quiet for the longest moment, not knowing how he would answer that question. He decided he would gain nothing if he lied. They were close to where they would be fighting and he knew his Byakugan would enable him to see from their distance.

"Yes, they did."

Neji nodded and broke out into a run. "Thanks." He didn't get a chance to go five more steps before Obito was in front of him, blocking him from moving ahead.

"Sorry, but I can't let you go past this point. The boys need to work this out themselves." The next couple of moments were filled with silence and he wondered what was going through the kid's head because he was just staring into Obito's black eyes. Obito couldn't hold his surprise in when the boy's eyes changed. It was like his Byakugan had sprouted its own Mangekyō. Black lines circled into crescents now circled around his pupils.

"With this eyes, I can clearly see the destiny ahead." He spoke like he knew and Obito believed every word that came from his mouth. "Sasuke will come victorious in his battle against Naruto and that will set him on a spiral. We have to stop it now, so, why are you in the way?"

Obito's answer came very well before he could think.

"It's the way it needs to be."

Another long silence, painfully long. But when the Hyūga finally spoke, his words left a deep, retching feeling in his gut that he wouldn't be able to shake for a long time.

"Homura Otsutsuki introduced himself to me. As the Sage Of Six Paths brother, and he gave me power as well as memories. Obito, you are the one that caused all of that other pain before and the Great 4th War. That killed me as well."

At that point, he couldn't keep his body from shaking. He didn't know if it was from fear, the pain of all those memories that he tries to lock away hitting him at once, or the fact that someone he killed personally knew it and was staring right at him with a new power.

"You're Hagoromo's warrior so while you have your own methods, I'll have mine as well. And what you're doing now is something that I can't agree with. You'll only cause another war."

"You have no idea what your talking about."

Neji crossed his arms, glaring. "Oh? Is that because you killed me? Is that why I don't understand?"

Obito couldn't help the anger that deeper into his voice. "It's not like that! The world is more than the Akatsuki and war. It has other people, other villages, other powers that you haven't come across. You have to trust-"