Part-56

It was Dushala's haldi ceremony today. The arrangements for the function was going on.

Subhadra and Dushala went to the temple for the morning prayer. After the prayer, Draupadi approached them.

"  you have to rethink about your decision, Subhadra! "Draupadi said.

"Panchali is right!, He can never fit for you",Bheem interrupted along with other Pandavas.
Subhadra gulped.

"But why?, Anyway..eh..I accepted it with my full heart! And there won't be any change in it",subhadra spoke up looking down.

"But I'm sure, that Govind won't let this happen", Draupadi whispered.

" Hmm,..We have to leave, Dushala have to get ready for the function",Subhadra hold Dushala's hand to move.

"Panchali, you take Dushala along with you. We have to speak with her", Yudhisthir said.
Draupadi nodded and took Dushala with her.

Subhadra slightly looked at them, everyone was staring at her except Arjun, who stood facing the other side. Her heart ached.

"Now tell us, you are not doing this for your desire!", sahadev asked.
She shooked her head.

"Whom are you scaring sister?",Nakul asked but he was cut off by Dushasan.

"Sister???, She's going to be my bratha Duryodhan's wife,so Now learn to call her bhabhi !", Dushasan said with a smirk.

"Don't forget that, she haven't becomed his yet!", Arjun said glaring at him.

"But she will soon! Am I right bhabhi?", Dushasan asked glancing at Subhadra.
Subhadra was tongue tied and nodded her head slowly.

"See, now it's time for you to accept her us your bhabhi", Dushasan said placing his hands on Arjun's shoulder and left.
Arjun fisted his hand and controlled himself.

Nakul was about to ask something to Subhadra, while Arjun stopped him.

"  Why are we simply wasting our time, let it be.. it's her life and her choice. We are no one to make her understand!!!!... , Now let me take leave, BHABHI...!!", Arjun said furiously and left from there.

Subhadra tried to hold back her tears and left from there heartbroken.

After sometime, Krishna reached Hastinapur along with his wives and Revati.
Balram discussed the matter before them. They looked at him shockly.

" What bratha?, You fixed our Bhadra's marriage without even asking us?", Krishna asked  .

"Kanha, it's not like that. We had only just spoken about it. And I never compelled them, it was their decision. If they like eachother, let it be!", Balram said smilingly.

"Alright dau!, But why is my sister looking upset?", Krishna said glancing at Subhadra.
Subhadra shooked her head and faked a smile.

"When your emotion finds a true expression in other person, he's your soul mate. Never leave him!” ,he placing his hand on her cheecks.
Subhadra nodded slightly and smiled.

"Thinking of leaving Dwaraka?Don't worry dear, your bratha's won't get you married off so soon. It's only a word of honour",Revati said and hugged Subhadra.
Subhadra hummed.

Later, Pandavas and Draupadi visited Krishna in his Chamber.

"Govind!, Did you convinced her from the decision?", Draupadi asked him.

" How can I convince someone who's standing strong by her decision, Sakhi", Krishna smiled.

"But Govind!",she interrupted.
He gave a serene look.

" Decisions determine destiny!",he said taking a glance at Arjun.

______________________________________

Dushala's haldi ceremony was going on with so much of enthusiasm.
Subhadra saw Arjun at a distance and looked at him but he turned away his face in response.

Subhadra turned to see Dushala watching this despondently, Subhadra winked her eyes and put the haldi on her face smilingly.

"Everything is going well as planned, mamashree!", Duryodhan said smilingly.

"I hope so,my son... but I'm feeling uneasy about this Vasudev Krishna!", Shakuni said glaring at Krishna.

"What will we do then?", Duryodhan asked curiously.
Shakuni smirked and signalled him to follow.
They went near Balram and greeted him.

"Well!, Baldeva..., We would like you to announce this proposal before everyone, as an assurance!",shakuni asked smilingly.

"What's the need of it Gandharraj?, Why!,  Don't you have trust upon us!", Krishna asked with a mischievous smile.

"No..no.. vasudevaa..!!, we trust you more than ourselves", Shakuni said smirkly.
Krishna smiled.

"But..., there are some people who's till not ready to accept it. I'm not compelling you..", Shakuni said looking at Balram.

Krishna was about to say but Balram cut off him.
"No Kanha!, There should be no consequences in our Bhadra's marriage.",he said and left.

Shakuni gave a big smile and followed Balram.
Krishna smiled rolling his eyes.

Balram called Subhadra and Duryodhan near him. Shakuni told everyone to assemble .

"There's one happy news to announce,  now the two powerful kingdoms are going be one family, Tell them Haladhara...!", Shakuni said glancing at Balram.
Balram nodded.

" In respect of,  both of their wish, we  would like to give our Dwaraka ratna's hand to  Prince Duryodhan of Hastinapur", Balram announced smilingly.

Arjun looked at her with appalling eyes but She fixed her gaze down.
Duryodhan smirked and forwarded his hand towards her.
Subhadra gulped and looked at Krishna to which he nodded with a smile.
She nervously placed her hand.

"This is my word of honour!", Balram said holding their hand.
Subhadra looked at Arjun and saw him tempestuously leaving the hall.
She bowed her head with guilt.

After the celebration, Subhadra walked towards her chamber.
She stopped abruptly hearing some whisperings at end of the corridor .

She went near, peeped in hiding behind the pillar.
She stood still  confusly, seeing Parinitha with Duryodhan and Gandharraj.

"Here is your reward!!", Duryodhan said forwarding the a bag with golden coins.
Parinitha happily accepted it.

"Parinitha!!", Subhadra whispered herself with astonishment.

______________________________________

Vote and comment.