Part- 67

" Do you have any idea how much I missed you? I love you Subhadra, I can't leave without you ", he whispered with gleaming eyes cupping my face.  I felt like the pain that I was feeling before seemed to be preparing for my happiness, my destiny.... atlast...

But instead, I hide back my smile and faked a frown withdrawing from his hold.
" You missed me eh? If you even had a ounce of love for me, you wouldn't have married two more women in a row ", I complained childishly folding my hands.

The very next moment I felt sorry for behaving so,as I noticed his eyes glistening with emotions. I think I hurted him and I was about ask my forgiveness while he interrupted,

" Well an womanizer ! That's what you mean ? I thought you could understand me better", I could hear the voice of desperation in him which I regretted badly.

" Then Why?", I broked down.
He looked at me and carresed my hair slowly and made me face him.

"I guess, You know the reason why I had to do this penance of twelve years. During this phase , first I met the Naga princess Uloopi, and I was forced to marry her, otherwise she would have been died. Second, I met the Manipur princess, Chitrangada . Yes I loved her as she do,  She's just a perfect partner for a warrior. And she can't stay by my side as our son should ascend the throne after her father. It was the destiny, it was the fate and I'm a part of it. And still though, my heart belongs to you Subhadra ", he said as he clasped my hands.

My heart melted at his words, the very words I longed to hear.  But the thoughts of the present circumstances vanished my smile.

" I came all the way here for you Subhadra ! I love you ! Please don't reject my offering ", he asked hopefully staring at my eyes.

" What about Prince Duryodhan? Our marriage is going to be held soon. How can I simply break the promise that my bratha has given to them?", I asked as the confusion and conflict
reverberates around the inside of my skull. I'd like for the conflict to end,
the one that is in constant battle,
inside my head.

" I know you love me, So is it right for the maiden to marry a man when her heart is possessed by another? ", He asked with the same hope which I couldn't deny.  I couldn't hide my feelings that I have for him, yes I loved him more than myself.
"But !", the very word disturbed me...

" I accept that still I have the same feelings for you prince Arjun, but what about the aftermath of these doings? How will you face bratha Balram's wrath? How will prince Duryodhan going to react to this? Do you think he will take this in a good way? And most importantly, how can I face jiji ? How will I able to mend her broken heart? I'm scared Arjun !", I whispered worriedly exploding all my emotions out.

He smiled slightly and said in a consoling manner , " Don't worry, We will find out a way for all these worries! And I believe in Madhav, he could help us !".
I sighed.

" So will you marry me?", he asked bending down in his knees. I blushed noddingly bowing my head to which he embraced me tightly. I smiled.

" Now it's time to give an end to this mess !",a voice interrupted us, we turned to see bratha Krishna standing. I smilingly ran towards him and hugged him tightly.
" Thank you so much for everything, bratha !", I whispered.
He smiled and carresed my hair.

" What we will do now Madhav? Will bratha Balram listen to our words? I can't raise my weapons against him , Madhav !", Arjun asked desperately.

"Well Dau could fight with you Parth, but he can't fight with his dear sister as he loves her more ", he said taking a glance at me.  " You could use the chariot here...!", he muttered with a mischievous smile.

" You mean to run Away? Madhav!", Arjun asked astonishingly to which he nodded.

" Listen, tomorrow while she's going to the temple to worship , you should whisk her away. But instead of you Parth, my Bhadra should ride the chariot ! ", I heard him say . I saw prince Arjun's eyes widened up but all I could do was to laugh.

" You mean I should kidnap him, bratha? I will be the first princess in the world to abduct the groom ", I asked trying to suppress my laugh to which he nodded mischievously.
Now I understood why he wanted me to learn how to ride the chariot, I smiled widely.

The next day, I touched his feet for the blessings and went to the temple. My heart beat got intensed as the time closed, although bratha Krishna told he will take care of everything, I was feeling like I was betraying my family by putting them in shame. I sighed.

Suddenly I heard the sound of the chariots and saw prince Arjun in bratha Krishna's chariot. My heart skipped a beat seeing him. He looked terribly handsome than I saw him before.

He extended his hand to me as the chariot came near me. I took his hand without hesitation and climbed into the chariot. I could see the guards and maids becoming panic, as the chariot started to move.  I took the reins from Prince Arjun and moved the chariot faster while he took care of the guards following us for the attack.

After a while, I halted our chariot near by the jungle. I took a deep breath and laid my head on my knees as I felt completely exhausted.
Prince Arjun came near me and sat by my side caressing my hair.
" I think we have to get married !", he whispered near by my ears.

____________________________________

Vote and comment.