Part - 76

It seems like the sun above doesn't want to  show any mercy over its intense heat .  The clouds no where to be found , even the breeze blowed giving a burning sensation to the inhabitants around. Silence prolonged the area , settling all the creatures underneath the shadows of the forests.

A man with kavach and kundals stared at the scorching Sun in an act to soothe himself from all the miseries rambling around him. Soon his gaze fell over the garden pond near, which was filled with Lotus. The flowers were literally dried and withered due to the hot sun.

Karn took out one of the merely bloomed bud which laid broken from its stem.
" Truly unlucky you are, to be abadoned by your own family !", He whispered  noticing the other Lotus flowers which was even though dried , but stood proudly as fresh it can be.

" Life can  be creul sometimes, but never get crushed by the tears it has sowed. All these bonds and promises won't last for long, it's all about the matter of time. One day you will embrace all the love and warmth that was denied to you ", Karn placed the lotus bud on his chest nourishing all the past incidents that he has faced during his lifetime, the caste, discrimination, denials, promises, attachments, bonds, enmity, vengeance, paybacks, and realisation of truth.

A lone tear escaped from his eyes as Mata Pritha's image flashed on his mind.
He  tried to control himself from getting weak , but  the great warrior's heart was drowned into the lake of emotions. The emotions which made his soul weak. Never thought in his life that he would have a soft corner towards the Pandavas, not just an attachment but a kind of elderly brother affection.

" No,I can't love them ! The promise can never be broken", He murmured firmly neutralizing his feelings. 
From the time when he was stricken by the truth he maintained a distance from them either through hate or revenge. Even though it hurts, his dedication towards his duty was in atmost level. Arjun was his only target and it would be. Never did he spread the seeds of love even when his heart wished to. His words and actions was the only remaining way to increase the enmity and hate between them, which was necessary.

The jingling sound of the anklets and bangles distracted him from his thoughts.
" Pranipat bratha Karn", the Yadav Princess greeted him sweetly with a smile to which he reciprocated the same.

" Sorry for the disturbance bratha, actually I came here to call you for lunch but you seemed to be lost somewhere. Is anything bothering you?", Subhadra asked  bemusedly witnessing his state.

"Eh.... Not really! I'll come, Just give me a minute", he replied pensively and saw her still standing there.
" Any queries?", Karn enquired noticing her thoughtful state.

" See bratha, Prince Arjun is not so bad as you think. Why don't you guys have a peaceful talk with eachother. So, both of you could sort out all your problems and misunderstandings. And I'm sure if it works out, no one can ever broke this bond!", She jumped with excitement, even though she knew that the answer won't be a fair one, but she gave a try.

Her look showcasing the enthusiasm in her eyes made him desperate, " Don't you have anything else to ask?", He asked avoiding her gaze and question at the same  time.
Subhadra sighed at his response, although she expected it but anyways she was happy that he didn't give a cold reply on her suggestion.

" A Lotus bud ?" But why did you pluck it bratha? See it's not even bloomed yet", She acted astoundingly noticing the flower and grabbed it from his hand.
Karn smiled at her gesture, he could clearly understand her playfulness.
" First of all Princess, let me clear you something. I haven't plucked it ! It was already detached from its stem.  If I could do something, I would have ", He answered normally folding his hands.

" You could have done something ", she whispered with a playful smile to which he returned a puzzled countenance .
" I don't have any supernatural powers like your brother to fix the things up. Once it's smashed, it would never be the same! the stains keeps on reminding us the fact that can't be changed", He murmured out of  somber.

" Why don't you give an attempt rather than forcing yourself over this untrue arguments. Nothing glows brighter than the heart awakened to the unseen light of love that lives within it",  She said caressing the little undeveloped bud which suddenly bloomed out big  making her drop it out in shock.

" How did you do that ?", asked Karn out of the blue picking the fully bloomed Lotus from the ground.
" I don't know!", Subhadra shooked her head with astonishment and left from there briskly hiding her nervousness.

" Vasudev's sister Indeed !", Karn whispered glancing at the flower.

**********************************

Subhadra headed directly towards her chamber recalling the event that has just happened. " How did  I do that ? Did that really happened or is it  my mind's eye? ", She  asked herself shutting the door behind and examined her hands .
" Let me give a try !", Admist all the thoughts she decided to make an effort by fondling the flower buds which was present on the balcony. The mild touch of love with her fingers made the buds to bloom. A soft smile bloomed on her lips like a flower.

" Let me try something different !", She exclaimed out of eagerness and took Arjun's torn upper stole . She gently  placed her fingers over the ripped part and closed her eyes with a smile. The shredded part of the cloth vanished leaving no mark behind.

" Seems like, I have got the same powers like you brathashreee...!!", She  whispered with a playful smile looking at her reflection on the mirror.  Subhadra flipped her hair with a relaxed frame of mind and adjusted her dress with a proudy smile.

" If you are satisfied with your look, please come down and help Panchali in serving the guests ",  Arjun's voice distracted her from the fantasy world.

"Arya, God granted you  hands not just for holding bow and arrows . You could also use it for helping jiji in the household works  !! ", Subhadra said with an exaggerated simper.

Arjun put a plastic smile on his face and noticed his upper stole on her hand. " Don't you have any other job  other than damaging my clothes ?", He asked grabbing his upper stole from her hand.

" Just have a close look at it Prince Arjun! I have fixed it !", She said determinantly pointing at it.
He opened up the cloth to have a check but no damage was discovered.
He glanced at her confusly , " Trying to trick me? Ordered some new clothes and implying that you fixed it! Believable though!", Arjun smirked.

" No belief right? Now get ready to witness some magic !", She whispered rubbing her hands and took a glass filled with water. " Just see , I'm gonna empty it !", She smiled and closed the top portion with her hand.
Arjun nodded his head obediently and watched her like a kid  folding his hands.

Subhadra waved her eyebrows and actioned him to look at the glass removing her hands. But for her surprise the water was still there.
Arjun burst out laughing seeing her condition.

" Why is it still there ?", She mumbled glancing at the glass.
" Now it's Vanished !!", He took the glass and drank the water in one go.
Subhadra looked at him frownly ,
" It's my magic !", Arjun exclaimed smilingly pulling her cheeks.

She  poured the water again and tried covering the glass again  and again but proved useless, the water was still there. Arjun observed her continuously without understanding her each actions.

" Are you okay? Had a hit on your head or something ?", He patted her head gently suppressing his giggle.

" Can't blame bratha Karn ! How could someone tolerate this fellow !", Subhadra murmured annoyingly removing his hand and left leaving a confused Arjun behind.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Vote and Comment