Part-41

I saw him coming forward, with the same garland on his neck.
I gulped.
"No, this can't be true",my mind was repeating the same thing constantly with disbelief.

I looked at him for an answer, but his eyes failed to catch up with mine. He was continuously staring at the ground.

But, I still fixed my gaze upon him, but it was soon blocked by a figure, yes it was her....

I can sense her coming towards me,
"I'm the drupad kanya Draupadi, the Princess of Panchal", I heard her introducing herself.

"So Sakhi, I think you are the Princess of Dwaraka, my sakha's dear sister", she asked me smilingly.
I nodded and struggled hard to fake a smile.

"But, how did this...", I heard bratha Nakul asking to his brothers.
I felt my brothers gaze over me and Prince Arjun's eyes was still on the ground.

With a last hope in mind,I looked at them for an answer.
Finally bratha yudhisthir spoke up"Arjun has won the Princess in the Swayamvar".

His voice echoed all over my ears, I felt like my whole body has become numb and tears began to fill my eyes. I bowed my head and tried hard to hold them.

"Why did you do this to me?,my blood enranged to ask him, but it was soon soothed by her smiling face.

"What am I doing? How can I think of spoiling someone's happiness?. What have she done to me?", I questioned myself.
"No, I can't be so selfish!",the thought notioned in me.

I think my brothers have noticed my state and told her to seek Mata's blessings.

I saw them moving towards the hut, except one, who stood there still with his eyes on me.
But it was me now, who is not daring to face him up.

I think he was about to say something to me but I hesitated and moved from there quickly.
After sometime, I sensed him entering the hut,

Mata was busy with her prayers, while bratha Bheem interrupted"Have a look Mata, Arjun has got a beautiful gift".

"Whatever the gift is.., as usual you have to share it among yourselves", Mata said without even taking a glance at the gift.
Everyone exchanged a horrific look.

I was thunderclapped by her statement and looked at the Princess. I saw her smile fading with tears. I really felt bad for her.

"What are you saying Mata?How can we share your daughter in law", Bratha yudhisthir asked Mata diverting her from the Pooja.

Next I saw was Mata's eyes filled with tears, which was of regret and shock.

I was worried of the happenings and heard Mata pleading to her sons to take her words back.
But they stood there helplessly, as they haven't ever disobeyed their mother's orders.

I saw the fiercy Princess hurriedly stepping out from there followed by Mata and Prince Arjun.
I was speechless and stood there as a rock with my head down.

I saw them return after a while, and
heard her acceptance regarding marrying five Pandavas.

"How is she able to do this sacrifice?",
my heart was brimming with sympathy for her.
"I have to accept it, my pain was nothing before her". "I felt like, I'm the intruder to her life and happiness".
My thoughts were soon distracted by the sound of the chariots.

I turned to the side where the sound has come from,
"Bratha Krishna", I whispered slowly looking at him.
He looked at me and returned a comforting smile.

I also noticed someone else with him. I guess it's King Drupada, as I can sense his fatherly affection towards his daughter.

He was too furious with his daughter's decision, and he started arguing with my brothers.

"O great King, don't be sad. This is to be happened", I heard my bratha's voice interrupting them.

"In another life time, your daughter was called Nalayani,a woman of impeccable virtue."
"In her previous birth she have asked lord Shiva for a husband with five qualities; honesty, strength,a fierce warrior, handsome and intelligent.", I heard him say and making them convince about the truth.

Finally the king agreed for the marriage and took his daughter with him.

"Get ready for the marriage", bratha Krishna told smilingly looking at my brothers.
My brothers nodded.

Now he turned to me with a smile and asked"Are you planning to come with me?".
This was what I was thinking off. I really wanted to go with him but I don't know why I stood there with loss of words.

"I was trying to utter my acceptance, suddenly he interrupted"I know  that you would like to accompany with them to Panchal.", he said looking at Mata and my brothers."Do As your wish Sister",he said caressing my hair and left me there alone.

I was dumbstrucked . I felt all the gazes returning to me again , a gaze which was of regret and sympathy.
But I was not having enough courage to face them. I stood there still bowing my head and grappled hard to control my emotions.

"How I'm gonna get out from here?", this was the only one thought that was strolling throughout my mind.
I was feeling completely helpless.

"Bhadra...!", suddenly a voice interrupted relieving all my thoughts.

____________________________________

Who's voice was that?
Will Arjun able to console her?

Vote and comment.
______________________________________