Part - 65

Subhadra's POV

The days passed, On a continuous motion of light and dark , making my feelings for him weaker and weaker.
I have heard that change is inevitable. Whether we’ve planned for it or not, life has a way of surprising us.  But this change in me was unexpectable, I can feel the tears rolling through out my cheecks.

" That Yati !", I murmured. " How did I find happiness in him ?", I really don't have any idea how close we become that too within this couple of days, making my feelings and curiosity for him become stronger and stronger.

" Was this your love for Prince Arjun?", I questioned myself glancing at the reflection  on the mirror." How could a Yati whom you saw literally snatched away all your feelings from you?", I asked myself which was really not acceptable for me to take in.

I wiped out my tears and walked towards my bed searching for the painting of Prince Arjun that I have done secretly before the Varnavat incident. I caressed it with my hands and hugged it tightly.
" I'm sorry, Prince Arjun.... This is all my fault. I don't deserve you! You deserve someone like jiji who can love you with all her heart than me who started losing her feelings at someone's sight ", I weeped under guilt.

The sudden knock on the door interrupted me,
" Subhu !! Come for dinner !", Rukmini bhabi's sweet voice soothed my heart.
I got up in hurry and hided the painting at midst of the other paintings and left faking a smile.

The next morning,  I was serving the food for the Yati. He was sitting calm, but I can sense his continuous stare at me. But my emotions didn't allow me to take a glance at him , I gulped and continued my serving .

" Is anything bothering you, princess?", I heard him ask with concern .I guess he sensed my insecurity, I shooked my head with a small smile.  My answer wasn't a satisfactory one I think,  as I can see it clear on his face.

Neither he asked anything nor I dared to say anything till his gaze fell at the  painting of a peacock feather on the wall. I  see him  walking towards it and admiring it. My lips accidentally curved into a smile at his sight.

Rukmini bhabhi was passing nearby the way and noticed the scene.
" Is it good , mahayati?Do You know It's done by a prettiest artist of our kingdom !", She said smilingly taking a glance at me.

" It's beautiful !", He said moving his eyes from the painting to me  with a affectionate smile. I was smiling, really I was !!!, Which was uncontrollable for me today.

" Subhu,  show your other masterpiece works to our Yati !", She said with a mischievous smile, the one like my brother's.  Now I really suspect my bhabhi and my bratha, I don't know why, I feel like they are trying to mend me with that Yati.

"I would like to !", He exclaimed with glittering eyes distracting my thoughts. I nodded and went to take out the paintings.

I took the whole paintings and left towards the Yati and saw him waiting for me under the tree . I smiled at him and kept the whole paintings near by him.

I saw him observing each and every painting in detail with a  never fading smile on his face.  While he was busy in observing, I noticed Prince Arjun's painting along with them.  I patted my forehead realising yesterday's incident and I forgotten to replace it from the other paintings.

Next I saw his painting in yati's hands. I saw his eyes widened with amusement while I was feeling nervous on his expression.

" Prince Arjun !",he exclaimed with a huge smile staring at me with his dazzling orbs. I gulped.

" Ahmm... Do you know him?", I asked him puzzled to which he nodded his head  staring at the painting.

" So what made you paint him? ", His sudden question shocked me. I stood confused without knowing  the meaning of the question. I was about to say my brotherly relation with prince Arjun while the Yati cut down me by his other shocking question,
" Do you love him ?".

I was tongue tied as I wasn't expecting this one though. I felt a burning sensation under my cheecks , I bent my head down to avoid his powerful gaze. I never seen  a Yati like him before, he was totally different in everything comparing to the others. Not only in his physical appearance but now his actions and questions proved the same.

He looked at me for an answer and felt like I couldn't escape from this with a lie. So I gathered up all my strength  and spoke up ," I was in love with him ", I stammered.

" Was in love ?", He asked bewilderdly as I can notice his nervousness and disappointment clearly on his face, which made me more curious .

" I loved him but not now ", I said and look at him for his reaction.

" But why ?", He asked suddenly without realising that he was throwing hints at me.

" He is married!", I said and saw him sigh.  The dismay was clear on his face.

I took the paintings and stood up to leave but he didn't respond.
I walked few steps and turn again to see the Yati, still lost in his thoughts.

" Who's he? He's not an ordinary Yati, I have to find his real identity !", I whispered to myself and left to my chamber.

_____________________________________

Vote and comment.