Part- 69

Subhadra's POV

Upon entering the city, the whole people of Dwaraka stood outside their home showering flowers on us.
" They make a cute pair ! Our Princess is blessed to have the son of Indra"!, we heard the whisperings from  the crowd.
I hardly suppressed my laugh seeing prince Arjun's face which was brimming with pride hearing each and every compliments.

As The chariot stopped at the entrance , I noticed my family waiting for me. I went towards them and apologized for my act.
" You really made our heart stop for a second putri...! But I respect your choice. Indeed you increased our pride by choosing kunti putra !", said pitashree with beams of joy. I smiled and hugged him.

My gaze fell on bratha Balram, who stood with a calm smile on his face.
" Forgive me Brathashree ! I'm really sorry! I know, What I did was completely unfair. Hope you will forgive me over time !", I touched his feet teary eyed.

He got me up with a smile and caressed my hair "Don't forget that I'm your brother!How could I snatch away your happiness, Bhadrey?There's nothing important for me than you . I'll be there for you whenever you want, and always love you like I do."
A kind of happiness exploded inside me, and joy shot out of me. I hugged him tightly.

Soon as we broke the hug, his glance fell on Prince Arjun.  He bend down and tooked bratha's  blessings.
"I'm so happy, you have found the one,Your wonderful life, has just begun ", bratha whispered taking a glance at prince Arjun.
"I have done all the arrangements for the wedding. It will be a grand wedding which will go down to the archives of entire Yadav and Kuru clan !", he said proudly.

I looked at prince Arjun, to which he nodded his head. I hummed and was going to say about our marriage, when at sudden bratha Krishna interrupted, " it's getting late dau..! We have to check out the arrangements...!", he said pushing dau to area were the mandap was setted up.

A  tinch of confusion falled in me. I know my brother very well, but what is he upto now ? I wondered. But soon my gaze fell on Prince Arjun, who was continuously smiling at the tactics of his dear Madhav. " Perfect !!", I hummed.

After when dau left for the checking, I dragged Prince Arjun with me towards bratha Krishna and gave him a sceptical gaze folding my hands.

Instead of giving an answer, he pulled my cheecks with his mischievous smile, " What happened Bhadrey? Aren't you happy with the marriage?", he asked as if he doesn't know anything.

" Brathashree...!", I calmed myself.
" You know that we are already married, then what's going on here? Why didn't you allowed me to tell this to bratha Balram?".

" What? Really? When  did that happen? Do you have any proof?", he shooted the questions in an astonishing manner making me astounded. While prince Arjun stood expressionless.
" Bhai....!! Stop acting! U have already witnessed it right, then what's the need of the proof?", I rolled my eyes irritatingly.

" Witnessed? Did I Parth?", He asked innocently glancing at Prince Arjun to which he shooked his head with a smile. " See...!My Parth has agreed that I haven't witnessed his marriage with you!".

" But don't you believe me?", I asked with a small pout looking at bratha Krishna.
" I would have believed you If there was atleast a Sindhoor on your forehead ! But...", He said pulling my nose making me frown.
" Now go and get ready....!! It's time", he said taking a glance at us and left.
I turned to see prince Arjun giggling at me, I passed a glare and asked
" Instead of  supporting me , You are laughing at me, Prince Arjun?".

He suppressed his giggle putting his hand around my shoulder and whispered in my ear " I don't see any problem in marrying you again ! If it makes everyone happy, then what's your  issue? You saw bratha Balram's excitement regarding conducting your marriage right? So do you want to spoil it?". I shooked my head in a no. Yes he was right, I don't want to spoil their happiness.
" So the problem is solved ! Even I didn't felt like we are married as you haven't addressed me as your Arya till now!"he said faking disappointment, coming closer to me. I detached from his hold blushingly and noticed my bhabhi's coming.

" Atleast keep aside something to talk after your marriage ! Now come you have to get ready! ", Rukmini bhabhi said teasingly glancing at us. We looked at eachother with a smile and parted to the respective chambers.

The marriage was conducted and celebrated with lot of pomp and splendour. I don't know what the future may hold, but I wish to stay strong together until our last days.
I sat on the swing in the thoughts of jiji. I know how's this news gonna hurt her, I can still feel her pain.
I was drowned into the thoughts when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I stood up jerkily and saw prince Arjun. I tried to smile but he figured out my anxiousness," Let me know the reason behind your despondency?".

" Everything isn't solved Arya, will jiji accept me ?", I asked hugging him.
He gave me assured smile and said caressing my hair " I know Draupadi, she can't deny you !".

I hummed with a hope  and looked at his eyes which controlled my very soul. Before I could move, he captured me in his embrace. I could feel my cheecks burn  as he lifted my chin to meet his eyes.  With a wide open eyes, he looked at me leaning closer to my face, touching my lips with his, which touched my heart.With hearts in tandem we stand in lip locked with
bated breaths.

_____________________________________

Vote and comment.