Part-43

"Jiji..!", Subhadra exclaimed looking at her.

"What is happening here?", Draupadi asked confusly looking at them.
They gulped.

"Eh... actually, she was planning to play some mischeif with us but bratha Arjun caught her red handed. Am I right?", Nakul said looking at Subhadra.
Subhadra looked at him puzzled and nodded with a smile.

"And bratha Arjun was trying to scare her", Nakul said looking at Arjun.

"Is it?", she asked looking Arjun.
Arjun looked at Nakul and nodded to her.

"Then why are you guys acting a little bit weird", she asked looking at them.

"Weird? That too us ?", he said smilingly.
She smiled.

"You know she's my partner in crime",he said pointing Subhadra.

"Partner in crime?", she asked smilingly looking at Subhadra.

"But only for doing pranks jiji", Subhadra said with a smile.
Draupadi laughed.

"Leave it, I have forgotten about why I'm here", she said patting her forehead.

"What's the matter?, Nakul asked curiously.

"Actually, I came here to call you guys. Pitashree wants to talk to you all", she said looking at Arjun and Nakul.
They nodded and left.

Subhadra gave out a relief and turned to go.

"Where are you going?", Draupadi asked looking at her.

"To look out for my Sakhi jiji. What's the matter?", Subhadra asked confusly.

"If you don't mind, can you spend some time with your jiji. I want to know more about your brothers", Draupadi asked smilingly.

Subhadra nodded with a smile and followed Draupadi to her chamber.

Subhadra started explaining about her each brothers and Draupadi listened to her wholeheartedly.

"You know jiji,Bratha Nakul is the  number one prankster of Hastinapur", Subhadra said grinning.

"I think you are also not bad in pranking, as he accepted you as his partner in crime", Draupadi said mischievously.

"Jiji..!", Subhadra called out pouting.
Draupadi smiled.

"Ladoos are bratha Bheem's favourite", Subhadra said and explained about the childhood prank that she done on bheem with the ladoos.
Draupadi laughed at hearing it.

"You told about everyone favorites, but you didn't told about prince Arjun. Tell me what's his favourite?", Draupadi asked looking at her.

"Ah...I think.. I missed him", Subhadra said skittishly.
Draupadi smiled.

"Kheer is Prince...eh.. I mean  br.. bratha.. Arjun's favourite", Subhadra said with a aching heart and looked at the ring remembering their moments.

"What happened? Anything wrong?", Draupadi asked seeing Subhadra's face.

"Ehm..no nothing jiji. Let me take leave now, I guess my Sakhi will be searching for me", Subhadra said getting up.
Draupadi nodded smilingly and Subhadra left from the chamber.

Subhadra entered her chamber briskly and tears started brimming through her eyes.
She remembered Parinitha's words and took a deep breath and  and moved towards the mirror.

"I have to accept it ! And I will do it", she said looking at her reflection in the mirror and wiped out her tears.

_____________________________________

Wedding Day

Draupadi and the Pandavas were seated on the mandap. Everyone stood there watching the marriage rituals.

"You have to do this Princess?", Parinitha asked Subhadra who was watching the rituals.

"What are you saying Sakhi? It's you ,who have always told me to move on and now you are asking me like this?",she asked narrowly looking at Parinitha.

"Are you serious princess? I can't believe that you are telling this. I feel so proud of you now", Parinitha said smilingly hugging Subhadra.
Subhadra smiled.

Subhadra watched the final rituals of the marriage and carefully avoided when it come to the turn of Prince Arjun and calmed herself.

After the formalities of the marriage went over, King Drupada interrupted "As I have told you yesterday, you have to take the pledge that my daughter will be the empress and her sons should inherit the throne. And no other wifes should be allowed to stay with you", he said looking at the Pandavas.

Pandavas nodded and took the pledge.
Subhadra bowed her head and stood their with astonishment.

"I think this pledge will do you good Princess. Now, you can guarantee that your marriage with prince Arjun is impossible. This truth will really help for your new start", Parinitha said smilingly but there was no response from Subhadra.

Parinitha looked at Subhadra and saw her got lost in the ring again.

"You are never going to change Princess", she said sternly looking at Subhadra.

"No Parinitha, I have to do it", she said furiously.

"No it's really  becoming useless and you won't be able to take a step forward", Parinitha said folding her eyebrows.

" I will Parinitha!",she said determinantly.

"If so, then first of all you get this ring out of your hand", Parinitha said pointing the ring.

"No...", Subhadra exclaimed instantly.

"This is what I told you, you are never going to change", Parinitha said intently.

"But... Sakhi..", Subhadra said nervously.

"Do as your wish Princess", Parinitha said and turned to leave.

"Alright, I will!", Subhadra said interrupting Parinitha and removed the ring from her finger.

"Good decision princess!", Parinitha said and forwarded her hand for the ring.
Subhadra shooked her head and Parinitha looked at her confusly.

Subhadra saw the elders blessing the couples and moved towards Draupadi.

"Congrats jiji", she said and hugged Draupadi.
Draupadi smiled.
She looked at the Pandavas and greeted them smilingly.

"Jiji, I want to give you something", she said and handed over the ring to Draupadi.
Draupadi looked at her puzzled.

"Actually jiji, this is a special ring that was given to me by one special person. But now, I feel like it won't suit me anymore. I guess it will be more safe and perfect on your finger", she said with a smile.

"It's beautiful!", Draupadi said and thanked her.
While the Pandavas looked at her astonishgly, except Arjun who stood bowing his head.

"Bhadra, are you coming to Dwaraka with me or going to Hastinapur with your brothers and jiji ", Balram interrupted them.

"I'm really missing Mata and pitashree, so I am coming with bratha", Subhadra said looking at Balram.

"Then start getting ready, we have to leave now", Balram said smiling.
Subhadra nodded and left.

Arjun looked at Subhadra helplessly.
"Somehow I have to talk with you", he whispered to himself.

______________________________________

Vote and comment