Part-60

Arjun ran his hand through her hair and whispered in her ear "Please don't do this".

Subhadra got off from his hold realising the present, and shooked her head slightly without eyeing him.

"You can't play intentionally with your life . I don't want to see you suffer.... Just listen to me please",
she hushed him before he could say anything more and stood up to take leave.

"Let me take leave, Prince!", she said and walked forward.
"Just listen!", Arjun hold her hand stopping her.

"Prince please understand", she looked at him with pleading eyes.
Arjun was about to speak while a voice interrupted them,

" If she doesn't want to hear you then what is the need of forcing her, Arjun !", said Duryodhan entering with a smirk.

"No one here, asked for your valuable opinion bratha Duryodhan. And You don't have to interrupt in our issue", Arjun said holding subhadra's hand tightly.

" OUR issue ? Don't you forget Arjun, she's going to be my wife soon", Duryodhan glared at him in contempt.

" But, she hasn't yet bratha and she won't be", said Arjun with a witty smile.

Duryodhan gritted his teeth in anger and blasted out" I'm sparing you for now, as I have given her word".

"Word?", Arjun asked confusly.

"Oh I see, so you haven't said anything about it dear", Duryodhan asked glancing at her . She turned her head in response.

"Well, you know Arjun. I have promised that I will spare all you Pandavas if she marries me", he said looking at Arjun presumptuously.

"What? Do you know what are you doing?", Arjun asked oppressively at her.

"I know Prince! Neither He's going to keep his words nor spare you all alone, as it's his dream!. And marrying me is just a small turning to achieve his goal", Subhadra said and glared at Duryodhan.

"But I'm sorry, please don't force me to take back my decision", she looked at Arjun with moist eyes.

"But why?", asked Arjun.

"Because she already knows that you all can't compete with me as you all are born to lose", Duryodhan said and smiled smugly.

" You are losing all your limits !", said Arjun stepping forward angrily. Subhadra hold him back and gestured him to calm down.

" Limits ! See, who's speaking of limits , the person who already broked it by spending time with a girl, who's gonna be someone's wife and that too at this mid hour.", Duryodhan smirked at Arjun who was trying to control his anger.

" And what about you my dear ?. Are you standing with him to break Panchali's heart ? I didn't expect that the Dwaraka princess would be so shameless!", Duryodhan said outraging Arjun.

"You..!", Arjun screamed with scowl but Subhadra interrupted him.

"Prince, leave from here right now!", she said sternly without looking at him.
"Subhadra..!", Arjun was about to say while she hushed him.
"I said now !", she ordered coldly.
Arjun glared at Duryodhan and went out from there infuriatingly.

Duryodhan smiled and glanced at her
"Hmmm... that's better!".
Subhadra passed him a disgusting look and went back to her chamber.

Wedding Day

It was Dushala's wedding, everything was arranged beautifully. Arjun was standing with Madhav and his brathas near the mandap.

Arjun's POV

The wind blew tardily making the atmosphere filled with the fragrance of the flowers that was decorated throughout the palace . Yes, it's my cute little sister,Dushala's wedding.

I felt happy for her but at the same time, pain of separations was piercing my heart. Maybe it was for her or that someone else.

The sound of the chatterings and gigglings distracted my thoughts. I saw the beautiful bride, my little Dushu coming, followed by my Panchali and Subhadra and others.

I looked at them, their smile and care for eachother made me overwhelmed. "I wish I could see them like this forever. ", I whispered myself.

"Let your vision become reality !", I heard Madhav say. I turned my face in astonishment and saw Madhav talking with his peacock feather with his usual calm smile.
I smiled at his acts and turned to watch the wedding rituals.

I looked at Subhadra, whose silky black locks were dancing with the rythm of the wind. I watched her continuously as I haven't met or spoke with her after the incident.
Neither I nor her take a step against it.

She passed me a small smile as she noticed me staring at her. I smiled back at her heartfully, though her was a slight one.

The wedding ended up well, I can see and feel the mixed emotions of happiness as well as sadness in each and everyone's face.

The next moment shocked me as Mata Gandhari asked dau about the plannings related to bratha Duryodhan and subhadra's wedding.
I saw her glancing at Madhav worriedly.

"Hmm.... well I think first bratha Duryodhan should complete his mace training under dau.", Madhav said glancing at Duryodhan and mamashree Shakuni.

" But vasudev Krishna, I don't see any difference in conducting it now", mamashree Shakuni said playing with his beard.

" There is difference mamashree! Right dau?", Madhav asked dau with his glittering eyes. Dau looked at him confusly.

"Look dau! ",I heard him say and whispering something in his ears.
Dau looked at Subhadra and asked her to come. I watched the brother sister playings that was meant to persuade dau. I smiled at their tactics.

"Kanha is right Gandharraj! We can fix it after Duryodhan's training", Dau said smilingly that made my heart cool.

"As you wish !", mamashree said with a fake smile.
Subhadra and Madhav smiled at eachother mysteriously.

After a while, I saw Madhav coming. I asked him, "what has he done to change the decision", as I was so curious to know about it.

"Let her learn to ride the chariot Parth!", He whispered with a meaningful smile and moved forward.

"Chariot !", I thought confusly and smiled.

___________________________________

Vote and comment.