Part - 63

Subhadra glanced at the Yati bit confusly and greeted him with a smile. Arjun  smiled and blessed her with glittering eyes.

" Why did you called me here, bratha ?", She asked turning towards Balram.

" I just want my dear sister to take the responsibility of serving this divine Yati and took his blessings for a happy married life", he replied caressing her hair.

" You have already found out a perfect partner for me then what's the need of this ",  she said in a dull voice.

" Bhadree !, This is how you behave before our guest. Now do what I say ", Balram looked at her sternly.
She bowed her head despondently.

" I'm saying this for your good, bhadre", he said patting her cheeck affectionately.
She hummed.

" The choices that we make today can sometimes create a future you dream !", Krishna winked at her with a mischievous smile and left with Balram.
Subhadra observed him befuddled and turned towards the Yati.

On the way, Krishna turned to take a look at his Parth and sister, he smiled and whispered near balram's ear
" Dau !, Do you think it's good to leave our beloved sister behind that Yati.
He's looking quite young and handsome, what if our sister get tempted !!!".

" How can you think so Kanha?, that too comparing our little with a Yati ", Balram admonished Kanha and hushed him before he could say anything more.
Kanha smiled mischievously and followed him.

Meanwhile Subhadra went near the Yati and ordered a dasi to bring the essential things to wash his feet.
Arjun was just lost staring at her and examined her each and every action.
While Subhadra bent down her head without facing him.

After sometime the dasi entered with the essential things.  Subhadra sat on her knee and took his feet and placed it on the plate. She washed his feet with milk and sandal.

While washing his feet, an unknown feeling started to arise on her mind. She  glanced at the Yati carefully but she couldn't identify him because of his tanned skin and the long beard covering his whole face. But overall he was handsome.
She striked off her unwanted thoughts and wiped his feet with a cloth while Arjun was enjoying the touch of her smooth hands.

" If you need anything, please be open to ask. I will be pleased to serve you", she got up and folded her hands.
He nodded calmly to which she passed a small smile.

But Arjun was thinking of how to open up her feelings for him. He thought for a while and enquired in a tranquil way " Is anything bothering you princess? Aren't you happy with your marriage proposal ?".

Subhadra was thunderstruck by his sudden question, " How come he know about it !", She thought and looked at him with  surprise.
Arjun looked at her with hope.

" I don't know what made you to think so, maha yati !, If it was my behavior, just ignore it. I'm really happy with this alliance ", she replied with a fake smile to which he sighed.

Arjun closed his eyes to meditate , with a mind envisioning about how to make her his. As he promised, he won't reveal his true identity until she's ready to disclose her feelings for him. " I have to find out a way ",he thought before going for a deep meditation.

Meanwhile Subhadra sat near by a tree and observed him. He was quite different from all those saints and yati's she has met before. His body structure too was more likely equal to a warrior than a Yati. His sacrifice and dedication at this young age was more impressive for her.

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Krishna's words,
"The choices that we make today can sometimes create a future you dream"!.

"What does he mean by now? Was he talking about something related to this Yati?", Her mind diffused with confusions and curiosities as she glanced over that Yati.  She sat there watching him till he open his eyes.

After sometime, Arjun opened his eyes . He smiled delightly at her and she returned a sweet one.
The awkward silence was all left drowning them into its deep. Both of them  has many things to interrogate , but was  caught in the dilemma of how to start.

" So, Did you ever think of becoming a Yati at this young age ?", She asked breaking the silence between them.

"Some things are destined to be..., It's a written fact.  Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans. ",  He replied with a wide smile.

" What about your family ? Aren't you missing them ?", She asked with curiousness to know more about him.

" Hmm...Family is always a treasure of happiness! It's been years I have seen them ", he whispered closing his eyes creating their images in his mind.
" Their smile, laugh, playfulness, advise...I miss them !", He opened his eyes and saw her lost in some thoughts.

" Are you okay ?", Arjun asked .

" Hmm.. you just reminded me of my brothers  ", she whispered with tears of joy and started to narrate her experiences, pranks and all about with them. Arjun smiled and admired her remembering their memories.

She huffed,After completing her narration and noticed the surroundings getting darker and realised the time.

" Oh.. I'm sorry ! You will be hungry as You haven't had anything till now and I just forget about it ", she patted her forehead getting up.

Arjun shooked his head in a no and whispered with a smile, "  You disappeared my hunger !".
Subhadra smiled awkwardly and  asked for her leave.

" Are you hungry?", He asked to which she shooked her head.

" Then can you spend some more time with me, I felt good in spending time with you ", he asked as he doesn't want her to leave.

" I wish it too mahayati, but it's getting darker, my family will be searching for me. I will meet you tomorrow", she said with a bright smile.
Arjun hummed despondently and she left.

______________________________________

Vote and comment.