Chapter 2

5 years later...

"Ace for the love of god relax. You look like you're going to shit yourself" my second in command said. Nicholas John Diaz was my best friend and second hand man, If I didn't trust him with my life, I wouldn't trust no one. "Shut the fuck up Nick!" I scold at him. He starts laughing, "I've never seen a 27 year old afraid of meeting a 5 year old child" I rolled my eyes and sighed heavily.

"I'm just nervous man. Five years to find her, what if she doesn't like me, us?" I asked with desperation and fear in my tone, "She's going to love you Ace. You already sound like a father. Relax" Nick places a hand on my shoulder and I relax a bit. "It's easy for you to say. You are a pro at this father thing with little Scarr".

Nick and his late wife had a baby, Scarr Ashton Diaz. I was so excited for him, honestly it even made me excited.

I used to have a wife, Marian. She died along with her best friend, Nick's wife. They had a car crash by the one and only Sorento's. They had Scarr two years before my niece was born, same day too.

He's right though. I don't want her to grow up thinking nobody loves her, not even thinking my brother didn't care. I will train her to be the perfect assassin though, see her kick ass would be satisfying and not having to kill a fucker over her would be a bit easier. "Well, let's go" I finally say.

We droved to the orphanage, I sighed as I got out of the car. There were a few kids running around the place, it honestly made me feel a bit disgusted. I normally despised kids. I walked in to the front desk where Agatha was ready to receive us, she was the social worker assigned to me.

"Right this way Mr. Hunter" she pointed to an office with glass walls and a wooden door. I looked inside and saw her sitting there, patiently and with a frown on her face. She looked sad, scared to say the least. That made me extremely mad. But I also feel in love with her, my hate for kids faded when I saw her little face.

Icy blue eyes, long black hair, little cute pink lips, she was perfect. Looked nothing like her mother, thankfully, but she looked just like my mother. Spitting image of my mother.

"Hi Luna" Agatha said.

Luna looked up at her and then looked at Nick and I suspiciously. "Luna this is Mr. hunter, he's here to see you" she continues. Luna stands up, I almost laughed at how small she is against my tall figure. She barely reached my knee.

She looks at me, almost breaking her neck and smiles a little, "Why is your name like mine?" she asks in the most cutest little voice. I bend down to one knee and looked at her in the eyes, "I'm family Luna. I'm your uncle. I'm here to take you home" I say with a grin spread across my face. She then jumps on me, embracing me into a hug.

Her little arms wrapped around my neck and my huge ones around her little body, "Thank you, thank you thank you. I don't like it here" she admits and I look up at Nick and Agatha who gulped. "What does she mean by that?" Nick asks for me since I don't want to scare Luna with my mad tone.

"Oh nothing. She's just a kid, nothing to worry about" she answers. I look at her and narrow my eyes making her gasps in fear, "Luna sweetie. Why don't you like it here" I ask her. She looks at the floor, then at Agatha and back to me. Instead of saying out loud she leans in to whisper in my ear, "they hurt me here".

I reached my gun that was at the back of my pants, Nick touched my arm and narrowed his eyes. I stood up and grabbed Luna's hand, "Let's go. I better not hear from you or this place or I swear I'll burn this place down" I whispered into Agatha's ear and she almost started crying but quickly masked her face with a serious expression.

"Was that a threat Mr. Hunter? May I inform you-" I cut her off and reached her ear again, "It's a fucking promise"